Getting Back Into Riding

alistair14

Just looking round on here for the first time in ages and thought i'd ask!

I havent ridden since Radfest, and that's the first time ive ridden in a few months ..It's all kinda started to turn a bit boring and ive moved onto blading (might have been me at Radfest)

But i wanna start riding again but cant find the motivation to get off my arse and ride it any more?

There any ideas to try and bump start my love again?!

^THIS!!

I've been telling you for ages Ali that newer geometries are so much better. You should have stayed on your Lynx or something.

Python's are downright awful.

Get a new frame, build it with some new shiny parts, and enjoy being able to do everything else so much easier than before.

I know this, moving from my 06 Python to an Ice 2 was such a good change. Now I'd choose nothing other than a high BB, short wb mod frame if I was to build another.

I recently found my trials bug again (after not being on any bike in over 2 years) by feeling I needed to work on my fitness, just in general really, so I dug my XC bike out of the shed and went to the local trails but I found myself trying to do trials stuff every where, falling off and wishing I'd brought the trials bike! I just ordered a few bits for it and hopefully getting a new frame soon too, I definitely think some shiny new parts get the juices going, even if you don't really need them just a bit of a re-style can make all the difference.

Cheers for the input ..spesh you dan! >:{

I wanna get a 24" or something flickier, but when i last build my lynx up that was horrible to ride, too short for my liking :/ Im gunna have a look round and see what i can find and see if ill swap!

I've not touched my bike since the DJ ride in May. You just need to get some motivation, watch some videos or get some mates out! You've by no means been out of it too long to get back on and ride again, stop being such a drama queen :P

Or as said go try something new. Get a different frame or something or change your riding style, maybe even go brakeless.

Stop riding super TGS.

I'm not saying turn super street, I'm saying stop riding TGS exclusively.

At a spot, if you ride TGS, once you've done the biggest thing there you can manage of each move, that's the whole spot over.

If you throw some less big, more tech stuff in there, spots immediately open out with loads of new stuff to do.

Manuals are great for linking bits of lines together, even if it's only from a gap to a sidehop ;)

180s also grant you a smooth entry to going at things the "wrong way".

I had the same thing, and still do occasionally. Focus less on going big, and more on complexity (and LINES, rather than individual moves).

Yeahh, i havent touched it in ages, im getting more into blading but i dont wanna lose my riding!

Ill try swap and change a few parts over, TGS was only the real thing i could really do to be honest, just liked getting more and more height in anything, but i think going a lil streeter ..or brakeless if i can get a different bike sorted!

different riding style/bike or even ride with different people. i'd got prety tired of tgsing sheffield after 9 months of it, then i acquired a zoot and it was like a brand new city, plus all the old stuff that used to be easy turned into a challenge again (Y) and then hitting it with a tgs machine was fun too...

Come ride with us on Wednesday! Who needs job training when your ginger?

But seriously Ali get that onza stem on your bike and go brakeless it will change your riding soo much. Also get one of the 2011 echo frames you seem very comfy on mine!

edit: And roll your bars back there upside down!

Edited by bike_dummie