Best Helmet Ever?

ogre

i see a big problem with this for our type of riding

as it looks like it runs off a tilt sensor or something along those lines it may only deploy once and not be usable again

on one off the clips it showed someone going over the bars off the bike now we have all done that at some point lol

but more to it we can now stay on the bike at a higher degree as apposed to the normal rider who would just go flying over

i can see it deploying every-time someone hoped on the front or did a high jump

which is likely to cause a crash than not having it

• Like 1

We need to get loads of free samples to test for them, and ride gently (no risky stuff). Just try front hops, small gaps, small pedal-up. Would be cool to see if it actually worked for trials use.

Personally. I'd NEVER trust one of these, surely if you hit something hard enough your head would push through the air inside the "helmet" and you'd crack your head open. Much like walking over a blow up airbed, one foot on the airbed and you feel the floor beneath it, but lay on it and you won't be in contact with the floor...

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when wearing a bike helmet meant you were some sort of geek and looked like a plank - I think it's while since that attitude has prevailed. It's unusual to see someone riding without a lid these days and these days the ones not wearing a lid are regarded as the ones who look stupid. Modern lids aren't uncomfortable and don't look stupid. I can only see a very narrow market for this, I wouldn't expect this kind of thing to catch on at all.

• 3 weeks later...

We need to get loads of free samples to test for them, and ride gently (no risky stuff). Just try front hops, small gaps, small pedal-up. Would be cool to see if it actually worked for trials use.

Personally. I'd NEVER trust one of these, surely if you hit something hard enough your head would push through the air inside the "helmet" and you'd crack your head open. Much like walking over a blow up airbed, one foot on the airbed and you feel the floor beneath it, but lay on it and you won't be in contact with the floor...

Its completely different to walking over an airbed. In that situation, the airbed has time(seconds) to displace the air, and a large surface area which would allow the air to compress. All this allows your foot to hit the floor.

With car airbags, they do de-flate, but when you hit them, the time of impact is fractions of a second, which doesn't allow the air to escape or compress.