Has Anyone Used A Because Rim Before?

ClarkeHutchison

As the title above says, what rear rim for my 24" echo should i get. I don't mind how expensive it is.

The rim has to be light, but i also want it to hold a grind well. I was looking at the viz singlewalled rim but have heard that they don't hold a grind well, is this correct ? I was also thinking about the because rear rim, but haven't heard anyone using it on here.

I am also looking to get a rear non disc hub to build the wheel onto, what hub do you recommend (also has to be light but strong) ?

If you could give me your views on different rims and hubs that would be great.

Thanks

Edited by ClarkeHutchison

Echo TR is a good choice, I think they're almost as light/are lighter than the Viz single walled but they're 3mm narrower. Hold grinds amazingly (I've had two since November) and aren't that expensive.

As for a hub, new onza hubs, echo tr, rock man etc would be a good choice, maybe a bonz?

• Like 1

After getting mine tonight, the Viz rim is sweet. Lighter, wider and the problems regarding poor braking performance due to poor alloys seem to have been solved.

Are you riding the rim with a grind and what pads are you using.

Also how are you getting on with the 24"

Edited by ClarkeHutchison

Yes, riding the rim ground and with TNN Black pads, no booster. Its literally the lightest of grinds, still got spots of black in places as my grinders disc is wearing out.

LOVE the 24". Just need a 150x30 stem and it'll be sweet.

How is the braking performance of the rim?

Are you a smooth rider because i am not sure on the strength of this rim?

I recommend the rockman forged 150x30 stem with maybe a few stackers, i'm using that at the moment with try all carbon bars and it's brilliant.

Braking is superb. Pads havent even fully bedded in yet.

I like to think Im quite smooth, whether I am or not Im not sure. I usually ask others if I am haha.

I cant see the strength of the rim being a problem at all.

I'll look at what my options are regarding stems, not massively fussed on brand etc.. so long as its black.

Braking is superb. Pads havent even fully bedded in yet.

I like to think Im quite smooth, whether I am or not Im not sure. I usually ask others if I am haha.

I cant see the strength of the rim being a problem at all.

I'll look at what my options are regarding stems, not massively fussed on brand etc.. so long as its black.

Sounds like a great rim, i might stick with the viz now, but i am still curious of the because rim.

I have been running the becuase rim since december. Grind wise seems pretty good, and my brake also seems to work really well(although might be becuase of cousts :giggle: ). However Im going to a tr rim soon which are supposed to be good with grinds so we will see.