Stripped Threads

hypermobilty

best solution I found, it's homegrown and does not require modifying of the brake clamps. I got a stud made at work, with 15mm of m6 thread on one end, and 20 mm of m5 thread on the other. you then helicoil your frame to m6, and loctite the stud into your frame. then simply use am m5 nut and the spacer from a chain link as your fastener. works every time for me and is miles stronger than repeatedly screwing a bolt in and out. and you are sacrificing 10 grams at the most

It's far quicker, cheaper and easier to just helicoiling the mount to the usual M5 thread.

I get what you are saying pal, but if like me you got your bike secondhand and it's previous owner has no idea how to helicoil or drill m5, then this was the strongest, easiest and least hassle free solution I found. plus it helps being friends with the tool maker at work, took him 2 mins on a lathe. and he said if I wanted more, just let him know