Re-Used. What Pads Are The Best For Hope Mono

D Rock 45

Ok so i have been running a Hope for a wile now and i want something with more ajustment, am looking at the Echo tr but how good are they?

If they are better then i might swaping to a tr if not i will be keeping my hope.

Made my desision to stick to the hope mono since i can afford the hope tech at the momment but, i could do with some new pads.What is out there thats the best?

Edited by D Rock 45

I've got an echo tr on my mod and it's better than any hope I've had, you gotta get em bedded in right and set up properly. everyone who rides my bike says my brakes are awesome. ask dann2707

are you using the Echo rotors ? I've found they took much longer to bed in than a Hope rotor

Edited by the mysterious leemur

Go with standard. The trial pro pad do not perform in the wet..

This is not true

Stan's Hope with the pro pads is actually insane!

This is, I'm pretty sure he was riding with them at Fort William when it was obscenely wet on the Sunday and had no trouble at all from what I saw

Go with standard. The trial pro pad do not perform in the wet..

This is not true

This is, I'm pretty sure he was riding with them at Fort William when it was obscenely wet on the Sunday and had no trouble at all from what I saw

Quite a lot of people have had problems i would say.. See this topic: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/175008-hope-trial-pro-pads/page__hl__%20hope%20%20trial

I'm not saying no one's had trouble but you can't state that they do not work in the wet full stop. It absolutely leathered it down at that comp we were at and there were 3 sections actually in a river and they still held up on some pretty big moves which could have been very dangerous with a poor brake.

Mine did not work in the wet full stop haha...

I don't doubt Stan's brake was good, and I know Adam said he's had no problems with his. I've been through 2 sets, I can catagorically say both were well set up on clean rotors, no leaks etc and neither worked when wet.

The same story goes for 3 other riders I ride with regularly here - All have whacked a set of standard pads on (the same rotor / set up) and they've worked in the wet straight away. Must be Devon water...

• Like 1

Mine did not work in the wet full stop haha...

I don't doubt Stan's brake was good, and I know Adam said he's had no problems with his. I've been through 2 sets, I can catagorically say both were well set up on clean rotors, no leaks etc and neither worked when wet.

The same story goes for 3 other riders I ride with regularly here - All have whacked a set of standard pads on (the same rotor / set up) and they've worked in the wet straight away. Must be Devon water...

And Yorkshire water..

Mine worked at a satisfactory level, but only that. My front brake, standard pads which were almost worn out and slightly contaminated, worked flawlessly, while the rear, pro pads uncontaminated and set properly, would bite nicely but the hold varied. Put in a new set of standard pads however.... Mega.