Zoot Upgrades?

showurcolours

Not sure on the exact geo but I think I remember Ali or Mark saying somewhere that the standard Zoot bars almost pointed down. I remember trying to rotate them into a comfy streety position and no matter what I did they felt horrible to hold, was as if you couldn't get them slightly swept back.

I'll have a search and see if I can find the post!

Not sure on the exact geo but I think I remember Ali or Mark saying somewhere that the standard Zoot bars almost pointed down. I remember trying to rotate them into a comfy streety position and no matter what I did they felt horrible to hold, was as if you couldn't get them slightly swept back.

I'll have a search and see if I can find the post!

Ah ok, well due to my limited experience on trials bikes; I can't really compare them to anything. I just know that I will definitely benefit from a lighter pair!

Only just seen the video you posted, some decent riding and I'm loving the green rims. Oh to be able to do all that! :P

Edited by showurcolours

Trust me the geo of the standard bars is awful, going at it from a what can be afforded first point of view (not saying you are but if I had one again) I'd go for some TT high rise bars first, then sort the forks (I had some 2012 Urbans, not sure how it would ride with Inspired but these were great) and finally if at all the stem. Once you get some different forks on you should have a bit more steerer to play with so you can bump the front up.

I'm surprised you rate changing the stem so low! That's my first port of call really want it shorter and steeper, I hadn't really considered the bars might be a problem to be honest.

I have a slight problem in that I've been a mod rider for YEARS. So although I know what I'm trying to achieve getting the right setup is a little haphazard for street. I basically want my hands in the sky and the front end to be light is what I'm gathering.

p.s. nice little video mate, can't wait to knock one out myself

i never had a zoot, but had other 24" wheel bikes.

i had an ashton edd tongue, then an inspired fourplay. now im on an onza blade mod (20" front, 19" rear wheel). the absolute best upgrades you can do to a standard zoot are new(lighter) bars and stem with a different geo, something like a system ex or trialtech 90x35, and trialtech high rise bars, or tryall rage bars. you will easily knock a kilo off the front of your bike and make it a damn sight easier to ride. then i would suggest some tnn lgv`s, or adv`s, or heatsink yellow v brake pads. then it`ll ride like a dream. the bar height on my mod is higher than what i had on my inspired, i have 30mm of stackers under my stem plus tryall raised rage bars. it bunny hops amazingly well for a mod.

Edited by bing
  • Like 1

I'm with you on the height thing, always ran super high front ends on all my bikes so I understand where you're coming from. I've also just read that the standard stem is 110 x 20 which surprised me as I didn't think it was that long so changing that will make a hell of a difference, if you swap to something like a System Ex the clamp height is smaller so you'll get a couple of stackers on there also.

I suppose the stem is what helps make it more trialsy than pure street.

When the f**k did handlebars get so expensive?!

bars arent cheap. not for decent ones anyway. trialtechs are about £50 now i believe? a system ex stem is 20 quid. saying that i ended up running a 120 x 30 stock stem cos i was doing comps as well at the time

Edited by bing

p.s. nice little video mate, can't wait to knock one out myself

Video, or something else? hahahaha ;)

bars arent cheap. not for decent ones anyway. trialtechs are about £50 now i believe? a system ex stem is 20 quid. saying that i ended up running a 120 x 30 stock stem cos i was doing comps as well at the time

Yeah TT High Risers are £50 from Tartybikes (black or white, and weight in at just under half of Zoot bars) - I know this because I will be getting them haha...just the hard choice of black or white

It kinda looks cool to me but I know nothing! I've always tried to keep up and get involved with my kids sports , I know the rules and positions of rugby and even the footy offside rule but learning about bloody high risers,system clamps stems and forks is a bit of a challenge for a 44year old mum haha! But I'll keep asking you lovely guys and maybe become an expert although my 16 year old lad is mortified that his little bro has got me into this forum!

• Like 1

It kinda looks cool to me but I know nothing! I've always tried to keep up and get involved with my kids sports , I know the rules and positions of rugby and even the footy offside rule but learning about bloody high risers,system clamps stems and forks is a bit of a challenge for a 44year old mum haha! But I'll keep asking you lovely guys and maybe become an expert although my 16 year old lad is mortified that his little bro has got me into this forum!

you need any help at all, just shout. hope the bike turns out ok for him, been in to see the guy this morning. he was well chuffed to have sold it

Here it is ! He said he can already do an endo ,bunny hop and wheelie on it. It looks a bit big for him I think but we were sort of expecting that. He says the reach to bars is a little too much, but loves the fact that it feels so light compared to his bmx.

post-33744-0-18378700-1353002924_thumb.j

post-33744-0-08340200-1353002945_thumb.j

I have Trial tech high risers with a Trial tech stem mate. :)

Ah sweet, haven't seen silver high risers before :)

Yes Vamp~ your Zoot is lovely ;)

I'll add a picture of mine tomorrow once it's got the new bars on :D

Here it is ! He said he can already do an endo ,bunny hop and wheelie on it. It looks a bit big for him I think but we were sort of expecting that. He says the reach to bars is a little too much, but loves the fact that it feels so light compared to his bmx.

Glad to hear he's enjoying it!

• Like 1