frame clearance problem

Rob.

Ok guys, on my frame i am having a problem with my wheel catching on my seat stay when i put force through the cranks, what can i do to sort this?

without using a half link.

Thanks.

edit:using a 20inch disc frame

Edited by Rob.

Check to see if there is anything cracked. Dont just say it was fine. Give it a good was down and take the wheel off and have a proper look around. Check the bearings and see if there is any play in then. Check the bolts for the hub and see if the threads are of and for cracks.

And if everything is ok. Dish the wheel a wee bit to the left side so it doesnt hit on the chain stay. Thats what I did when I had this issue

post-22347-0-16244000-1359287795_thumb.jWhat frame and wheelbuild setup have you got?

one of them bionic b5r-6 with same geo as a sky 2 and im running full tryall wheels, as for checking for cracks i have and there is none of them to be seenpost-22347-0-10632700-1359287868_thumb.j

Edited by Rob.

could someone else help please? or at least give some useful info.

what makes you declare my help as useless?i´m just going through the possibilities as you describe your problem a bit wobbly,if somethings not working properly,theres something technically wrong,think you agree with this.

as yoshi said,take every part involved apart and you will be most likely to find your problem.to be honest i assumed things were taken apart befor saying its"fine" :wink2:

edit:you´ll find a cracked axle only if you take your axle off,they often crack on the inner bearing flange

edit 2:seeing the pic i think youll have to tension the left side spokes a bit more.

Edited by FamilyBiker

what makes you declare my help as useless?i´m just going through the possibilities as you describe your problem a bit wobbly,if somethings not working properly,theres something technically wrong,think you agree with this.

as yoshi said,take every part involved apart and you will be most likely to find your problem.to be honest i assumed things were taken apart befor saying its"fine" :wink2:

edit:you´ll find a cracked axle only if you take your axle off,they often crack on the inner bearing flange

edit 2:seeing the pic i think youll have to tension the left side spokes a bit more.

but then when you put force through the pedal/crank it will catch

Thats a tight fit! Try what Onzatrip says. Could help.

indeeed

is that the stock config of that bike?

the tyre/frame clearance is pretty overkill from the start,it´d wonder me if you get this sorted without changing the tyre

beat me to it.^^

what do you mean by stock config?

and i have seen pictures of others using this tyre (tryall)

as in "was already on a full bike".

i couldnt get anything bigger in my 24 than a 2.5 tyrebecause of the chainstay length and the tyres height,my built clearance is 2.7 though.

in some cases it just doesnt fit,you cant force it :wink2:

Edited by FamilyBiker