frame clearance problem

Rob.

as in "was already on a full bike".

i couldnt get anything bigger in my 24 than a 2.5 tyre,my built clearance is 2.7 though.

in some cases it just doesnt fit,you cant force it :wink2:

no its not, i dont think they do them in stock bikes think its a frame only kind of thing.

what hub did you use?

Bonz, if you need a new hub I highly recommend them as the quality is very high especially the bearings as they feel as good as new!

Looking at the pictures again your middle part of the tread is very close to the frame compared to when I had mine. May be that your chain is too short?

Is this frame brand new aswell? As the quality on mine wasn't that high. The left Chainstay was shorter than the right in turn affecting the dropouts. You may need to change the wheel to compensate? If it's too bad maybe exchange the frame.

sorry,meant the bike we´re talking about the whole thread.

assuming the chainstays are measured c-c and the b5r6 having 350mm,with the chainlength giving you 349 to have with 18-12,you could only go further into the dropouts,which wouldnt make sense but things worse.

i think the tyre simply doesnt fit

using a disc frame and the stays arnt flexing

The frames not cracked its like new and there's nothing wrong with the spokes

the hub axle is fine because i had no problems on my other frame

The stays aren't flexing, the spokes aren't flexing, and the axle isn't flexing.

Either you're wrong, or you're imagining this problem!

Anyway that tyre is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tight a fit. I'd recommend running an extra link to get it further out, regardless of what's bending. If you land something heavy you might be walking home.

• Like 1

Ever wonder if maybe people would be more helpful if you weren't such a dickhead on here the rest of the time? Can't be arsed offering advice so yeah, unlucky and good luck sorting it I guess.

in which way am i being a dickhead can i ask?

Is your tyre a try all stiky lite? If it is, you may have to change to a creepy crawler or just the normal try all, these have a lower profile. I read somewhere that the stiky lite is a bigger profile than a normal trials tyre, and therefore has clearance issues in some frames.

Is your tyre a try all stiky lite? If it is, you may have to change to a creepy crawler or just the normal try all, these have a lower profile. I read somewhere that the stiky lite is a bigger profile than a normal trials tyre, and therefore has clearance issues in some frames.

its just the normal try all tyre