rotor help hope ones

customrider-Rhys

Just my opinion, but I don't believe that the rotor you choose will make that much of a difference. I would just go for the lighter/cheaper/better looking one.

i have heard that matching the brands rotor to the caliper and pads makes a difference though, i was just wondering if one will be better for hold/bite than the other

• Like 1

i have heard that matching the brands rotor to the caliper and pads makes a difference though, i was just wondering if one will be better for hold/bite than the other

Could be true, but that could just be the manufacturers convincing customers to spend more money on their products :P

• Like 1

I always assumed that would be because it would be a perfect fit, for optimum braking surface... Or am I wrong :mellow:

I can't see it making a noticeable difference though.. Surely they'd both work incredibly?

Go for the lighter pettier one(y)

I always assumed that would be because it would be a perfect fit, for optimum braking surface... Or am I wrong :mellow:

I can't see it making a noticeable difference though.. Surely they'd both work incredibly?

Go for the lighter pettier one(y)

you may be right there, i know it was something like that, ive heard the trialzones are self cleaning as the waves remove the glaze, looking like it will be one of them then.

There's a difference performance wise, not much but yeah. I've noticed this a bit.

My best bet for a rear rotor would be the Hope Mono Trial, I wouldn't use any of the super light rotors on the rear because the bite isn't as good.

And the waves makes it harder for the rotor to get un-true by itself.

Bro's been using the a 160mm Avid roundagon rotor on his mono trial, works as well as any hope disc he's ran.
I ran a Hayes 160mm rotor on my rear mono trial too, worked just as well again.

Doesn't really matter too much. Id choose the Mono Trial rotor, purely because theyre a little more durable than the Trial Zones.

it doesn't matter thaaaat much, but just make sure the rotor you get has a deep enough braking surface to cope with the pad size (Hope pads are quite large so need a deep braking area, Magura Martas have narrow pads so only need a shallow braking surface for example)

Hope waves rotors were always the best from when I had rear disc on my 26" years ago

Trial zone one I used on my 20" last year was really good, but hope say that's the best trials brake they have made to date. Hard to know how much of the performance with due to the brake