Lewis Gething - Backyard Thrash III

Lewis Gething

awesome camera work mate, great control aswell! good riding.

Thanks very much man! Really appreciate it!

Wise location given what you're wearing ;)

Really enjoyed that though!

Edit: The video... Not what you're wearing.. :$

Haha thanks Dan, but you know tights are attractive :P

hi lewis good video. do u ever ride north wales

Cheers dude! I live in Flintshire and ride out quite regularly. Where are you at?

You have improved dramatically since your last video.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Brad mate :) By last video do you mean the rocks one from the other week?

im in manchester but i do go to llanddulas and rhos on sea, have u rode ther

Oh right, nah thats a tad far for me ;)

That was ace :)

Much appreciated!

Yeah you do seem better than the rock video but rocks don't really show your full potential.

I was comparing to backyard thrash II though :)

Hmm yeah, I wasn't on top of my game in the rocks video really, but I think my technique and style has definitely improved since the Backyard II vid ;) Again though, really appreciate it!

What camera do you use?

I use a Canon 60D and in this video only two lenses were used; 17-40 L and a 50mm prime ;)

ok mate wer do u ride then

I have ridden Lee Quarry quite a few times (hoping to make a decent video there at some point), but mainly ride local.

I have to admit... I was expecting something a little different when I read the title...

When I did the first one, I was originally gonna call it 'Backyard TGS', but then decided to call it 'Backyard Thrash' to imply that it was a fast paced, quick session kinda video, which was what I aimed to do in this one and make it look like I literally rode for 5 minutes before going back inside :P

Edited by streetrials24

I can Imagine I would not get a reply If I asked someone If they fancied a 'backyard thrash' XD

Might get blocked or reported for abuse :P

Awesome video, the camera angles are pretty special (In a good way!) and the riding is better than before. So yeha deffo your best one! :D

Thanks William! I think that the cutting/different camera angles are what keeps you interested in a video like this one :)

Thanks William! I think that the cutting/different camera angles are what keeps you interested in a video like this one :)

No it's not only the camera angles etc. It's the whole video, even though it's just a pallet session it's still fun to watch, yeah the filming/editing helps of course :)

Really liked! Camera angles are very good, and you repeat a lot of the moves, but by the way the clip was edited you dont notice that.

Keeo going, you have a nice backyard :wink2:

Thanks Rui!

Brilliant, by far the best of your videos. Take your camera to Radfest and I'll help you with some shots so you can get some lines in. :D

Cheers Jake, I will definitely be taking the camera to Radfest, but I'm not sure what I'll do with it. I may take photographs of the event, do a video of my experience of the event (general Radfest vid), or just video my own riding :)

No it's not only the camera angles etc. It's the whole video, even though it's just a pallet session it's still fun to watch, yeah the filming/editing helps of course :)

Glad you liked the camera work it Williams, I spent quite a while planning out each shot/sequence :P By the Way, I didn't do any colour grading in this video, just some mild colour correction ;)