trialtech for the lose

WIGAN ??

landing sideways much?

I run SLs and land sideways all the time - nothing that even approaches this has ever happened to me.

The only way I can see this happening without the wheelbuild being absolute dogshite is if he landed sideways beneath a car :P

I run SLs and land sideways all the time - nothing that even approaches this has ever happened to me.

The only way I can see this happening without the wheelbuild being absolute dogshite is if he landed sideways beneath a car :P

You have small wheels though. Less flexy + less leverage = stronger wheel.

i haven't had to touch a spoke since i built my wheels :D , but i think having a rim with offset spoke holes makes a difference vs a 0 offset rim. the tt rim i had on my old stock was flexy (twisting with an angled load on the wheel) by comparison to what i'm running now, even though they're 24.

i haven't had to touch a spoke since i built my wheels :D , but i think having a rim with offset spoke holes makes a difference vs a 0 offset rim. the tt rim i had on my old stock was flexy (twisting with an angled load on the wheel) by comparison to what i'm running now, even though they're 24.

i agree for the SL's to have 0 offset is a bit shit considering they're single wall aswell, ive got a viz one on at the moment which has a massive spoke offset and had been pretty good so far, to be fair though i do weigh over 15 stone so it was inevitable for it to die i just never expected it to go as quick as it did and the choice of strong rims on the market these days is scarce so i had to get the trialtech

Spoke hole offset reduce the angle of spoke between hub and rim : less lateral rigidity.

The more angle there is the more the wheel is rigid (lateral).

Offset is just good for better sharing forces on the rim (and also not to have bound or cracked rims when tension become higher on very light rims ...).

And 116mm hubs are not good for that too because compared to a 135 one they reduce also spoke angle ...