Echo Pure 2013, Trialtech SL/Sport Lite spec

Ben Swales

I've been thinking about getting another seatless bike for a while now and finally went ahead and placed an order last week. Mark dropped it of yesterday (Tarty Bikes personal delivery service for the win), so I thought I'd put some pictures up. It's an Echo Pure 2013 built with Trialtech SL and Sport Lite components. Weigh in at 9.94kg, fo those of you that are interested in that sort of thing. I've only had a short play on it in the street after a mammoth street ride on the Hex and a fairly hefty tea, but first impressions are that it rides really, really nicely. Can't wait to take it out properly and get some scratches on it!

Big thanks to Trialtech and Tarty Bikes, and to Mark for the photos and delivery service!

58109_10152788024970624_2061364166_n.jpg

20889_10152788025370624_1762687216_n.jpg

297905_10152788025450624_985761871_n.jpg

399869_10152788025105624_1969714602_n.jp

934880_10152788025085624_952720734_n.jpg

317309_10152788025180624_1570842069_n.jp

390991_10152788025265624_678768013_n.jpg

Edited by Ben Swales
  • Like 1

Like I said yesterday, looks sweet!

Cheers - it IS sweet :D

Looks great Ben ! I think it's nicer that you haven't gone for the lightweight parts and instead you've stuck with what you want And also 9.95 kg is light for a bike with a rear tyre that weighs 1 million tonnes haha

Cheers (Y) Yeah, I wasn't too fussed about the weight (but couldn't resist some SL goodness!) - I want a bike that'll be durable and reliable, rather than one that's ultra-light but will break when I inevitable drop it down some rocks or just ride into a wall (as happened yesterday!). Having said that, I was pretty pleased with the weight especially, as you say, considering the wight of the rear tyre and a couple of the parts.

A bike full of "SL" and "lite" and you use an FSA PIG? Deary me...

Also, is that Trial Tech sport pads in TNN backings?

It's an Orbit Equipe.

(Y) and yeah, Trialtech Sport pads in TNN backings for a bit of extra stiffness (also so I could be more like Stan)

Cool.

Would have looked super fly withe the new Kaiser on it instead of the Baron.

I originally wanted a Kaiser on the rear, but they were out of stock when I placed the order, so went for the Baron. I toyed with the idea of going for the Rammstein Projeckt Der Kaiser, but didn't in the end, for reasons I can't really remember. Tarty actually got the Der Kaisers back in stock the day the bike was built but the Baron was on their by then. I thought about getting them to swap it out, but I stuck with the Baron to save Cap a bit of work. I'll see how I get on with it for a while.

• Like 1

Nice bike Ben,

Quality pics!

Seeing your booster and how it looks, it make me love more how i have mounted it in my bike, between the frame and the brake

Cheers! Credit goes to Mark for the photos (Y)

I can't seem to find a decent photo of your booster set up - any chance you could stick one in here?

Looks very nice mate, are these cranks on sale now remember seeing them on stans bike looked really good

Cheers :) The ones on Stan's bike are protos (as are these - we had them lying about in the warehouse so I grabbed them). Production ones will be available any day now (Y)

Very nice, liking the choice of bits you've gone for.

Cheers matey! Should get together for a ride soon, or have you sold your bike again? When are you off up to the SSDT?

Cheers matey! Should get together for a ride soon, or have you sold your bike again? When are you off up to the SSDT?

My bike finishes on eBay on Thursday and people have bid on it :/ I'd still be up for coming out though if your local and hanging around. Ill see what wonga I have left after the Scottish and see about getting another. Got a cheap streety 26" beast of a build I could build though ;) Going up next Saturday and am busy training all the way up until then.