Trialtech Freewheel 16T trustworthy?

zoster

"This freewheel must be bedded in before trials use, to ensure any grease used when assembling the freewheel works away from the mechanism. If the freewheel is subjected to trials use without having been bedded in, the pawls will not engage correctly and this causes the freewheel to skip, damaging the pawls and ratchet. If you wish to speed up this process, you can thin the grease down with light oil like GT85 or WD40, by spraying it between the centre and outer teeth of the freewheel and rotating it. Failure to bed the freewheel in correctly will void the warranty."

i read that as "this product will most likely fail within a unreasonable short period of time, and it will be your fault."

Edited by mjewl

I wouldn't bother. Get a Pro2 trials hub!

What expensive products have you had that don't last?

tensile: broken springs and chipped pawls in less than 6 months

rockman: skipps a lot

v!z: skipps not as much as rockman, but still often

"This freewheel must be bedded in before trials use, to ensure any grease used when assembling the freewheel works away from the mechanism. If the freewheel is subjected to trials use without having been bedded in, the pawls will not engage correctly and this causes the freewheel to skip, damaging the pawls and ratchet. If you wish to speed up this process, you can thin the grease down with light oil like GT85 or WD40, by spraying it between the centre and outer teeth of the freewheel and rotating it. Failure to bed the freewheel in correctly will void the warranty."

i read that as "this product will most likely fail within a unreasonable short period of time, and it will be your fault."

Sounds more like "if you can't read instructions and are a retard with your stuff, it'll be your fault" to me...

• Like 3

I've never bought a brand new freewheel and I've never bust one. I've had a rockman 108, tensile 60 click x2, acs claw and now I have an echo sl, not through choice I might add as it came on the bike. But it's ok so far

Go for the Echo SL. I think i've used all FW for all brands, and this model never skipped once yet, from 5 months of almost everyday riding.

The bed in subject.. I did put some oil on it, spin a few times, and leave it one night alone before used it, seems perfect.

By the way, the only FW that i broked was a Tensile.

Rockman and Try-All skip a lot.

Hope it helped you :)