Turning on the back wheel

Adjust your bars forward Carthy-style. I always notice how much more precise I can turn on the rear when I use this bar position.

Center of gravity has to be over the rear wheel center during a hop, otherwise you will need more space.

Most likely, your center of gravity will be way too much forward during lift-off, as you are used to jumping forward.

Stand relatively upright compared to normal hopping, your elbows could be at an almost rectangular angle.

Turn your head into the direction you want to go, 10 to 20 degrees will be enough, just comfortably looking to the right or left a bit.

Before you lift off for a hop, turn the bars towards intended turning direction, approx. 10 degrees or so, modest speed.

Just so much angle that it does not influence your balance. Small hop only, focus on keeping the center of gravity over the rear.

When in the air, straighten out the bars, leveraging the bike into the turning direction, supported by pulling the bar end

of the turning direction towards you and pushing the other away a bit.

Look at Jack Carthy for this move. He is really smooth in that.

Don't piss about with your bar angle, what a terrible idea.

don't think about it too much, it's not a complicated thing so don't make a big deal out of it in your head and you'll find it a lot easier. Just hope and turn it with your body in small increments.

I want to know the technique of turning on the back wheel or some other way of turning in a tight space, because I always get stuck on thin walls or pallets. I used 180's in the past but I recently injured myself dong that.

Say please and thank you when asking for something.

Okokok, I trolled a bit. I am sorry.

I correct myself and say:

If you adjust your bars Carthy-style,

this move will be easier to do smoothly.

But your general riding style will become

more sketchy.

BTW: I may have developed a thing for

fancy tight compression trousers.

Edited by stirlingpowers

I'm having the problem that my front wheel drops a little every hop I do while turning in a direction. I can do about 90 degrees and after that I just have to either kick my pedal to get the front up again, or I have to roll away on two wheels.