Pussy

*gentlydoesit

This makes for interesting reading.

"Two complainants challenged whether ad (a) was offensive to those with religious beliefs and was unsuitable to be displayed near to a church."

"The advertisers questioned which religion would be specifically offended by Pussy. They said the ancient Egyptians used to worship cats. They felt that people of a religious disposition tended to occupy an idyllic place away from the crassness that sadly existed in mainstream society and therefore felt it was surprising that the complaints had been made."

"We noted that ad (a) did not make any express or implied reference to any religion, faith or religious terms or practices and did not consider that ad (a) would be interpreted as having a different or particular meaning to those with religious beliefs. Therefore, although we considered that ad (a) would cause serious and widespread offence in general, as set out under point 1, and was therefore unsuitable to appear across the UK in an untargeted medium, we did not consider that it would cause particular offence to those with religious beliefs because of their faith."

• Like 1

What's not ok about it (other than the flavour)? It's called pussy, to children that will mean something different. With any feline reference on the can that would be easier to argue

If it was called c*nt or twat then you'd have a point, as it is, you don't. The point is about social moral decay, accepting that this standard is the norm is the point.

Must be a hell of an ordeal for you seeing things like cock-a-leekie soup on the shelves when you go shopping. that is more to do with traditional english, than an obvious sexual reffernce.

It's not like it's led to a mass, widespread change to anything either? It's been registered since 2004 and launched in 2006 so any effect it would've had would probably be more notable by now. As it is, it's just an energy drink company that aren't doing massively well and have very little market share or interest, apart from the occasional person kicking up a fuss about their name.

If it had a picture of a massive fanny on the can, I could see why you would be alarmed by the state of society and what children are being exposed to, but you are just talking out of your arse and have absolutely zero argument for your disgust (or lack thereof, you did buy the product afterall).

It's an obvious crude brand name intended to shock, but it means NOTHING to anyone with an innocent mind.

• Like 1

If it had a picture of a massive fanny on the can, I could see why you would be alarmed by the state of society and what children are being exposed to, but you are just talking out of your arse and have absolutely zero argument for your disgust (or lack thereof, you did buy the product afterall).

It's an obvious crude brand name intended to shock, but it means NOTHING to anyone with an innocent mind.

The word fanny reallllly makes me sad haha, its so awful

But I agree with this!

How do you feel about condoms on tesco shelves?

What about sex toys on display in Boots chemists?

condoms are a necessity, helping combat the recent incline in std's, i cant help but think over sexualization in media has had an Iinfluence on this. their tv advertising is done after the watershed, which says somthing about suitability.

And if I walked into a chemist with the kids to get some calpol or asprin, and was greeted by a selection of dildos, I'd find that wholey inappropriate.

although I made that product the title, it was more a catalyst for my rant and ensuing discussion. Singularly it would mean little, agreed, but its in an ever growing genre.

Have you read any of my posts? Its not just the word pussy I take issue with

I assure you, there are much worse things on the shelves, in music, tv, magazines which are presented to your kids every single day.

They've no idea what 'pussy' means; so what's the difference from asking what Coca Cola is? Just brush it off as 'a drink' or even 'a drink for adults' - I'm sure they'll only recall it if you make a fuss about it and make it a taboo subject.

its not just me to who sees examples

By walking into a chemist and not finding dildos..? :huh:

haha, I thought you meant my stds rant.

I was answering the quoted text

Sex in the media is not a new thing though, what about things like the Wonderbra campaigns of the 90's and the likes of Loaded magazine... These were things that were around when I was still quite young, I don't feel that it has corrupted me morally or that I'm a worse person for it.