How do you like drifting?

TriаlsRider

Ha ha sorry but like i say seen way to many people hurt

Don't you forget that trials is dangerous? Really dangerous, every rider will have problems with health in old age because of hurting your joints, breaking your bones, extra abuse on your back and body will lead to really bad problems when you getting older. Even not so hard but regular hurting of your joints and related areas will lead to problems in future.

Your argument would be pretty valid, if the streets in the video really were deserted, but the fact is they're not. There's still quite a bit of traffic about, and really quite a few pedestrians. There's a few points where other traffic had to slow/stop or change course to avoid hitting them, and a couple of pedestrians who had to stop/step back because of them crossing their path. Not to mention countless points where if they'd spun they would have hit other traffic and/or people. Thinking their skill level is good enough that they definitely won't spin in these situations is just arrogant, and I wouldn't have said it was in line with the skill level shown in the video. They're not bad, but I wouldn't say they're good enough to be taking risks like that.

I really like drifting as a sport, I quite fancy giving it a go properly, I've owned rear wheel drive cars and got the back end out, and I have friends who drift on the street. I really do have no problem with it as a principle at all, as you say, if the roads truly are empty, or you can at least see the traffic that is around is well out of the way, then what's the problem? But in that video, they're not.

• Like 1

Don't you forget that trials is dangerous? Really dangerous, every rider will have problems with health in old age because of hurting your joints, breaking your bones, extra abuse on your back and body will lead to really bad problems when you getting older. Even not so hard but regular hurting of your joints and related areas will lead to problems in future.

Trials is dangerous but you're not putting anyones life needlessly in danger.

Driving like that on a public road is stupid, I saw loads of onlookers in the video watching so you can't say no one was around.

Just for once in your life just admit other peoples f**king opinions.

I'm still the same dick I was back then :P

EDIT: I should probably point out that all I mean is that if you're winding people up just to entertain yourself, you're still winding people up. Cleric potentially doing it unintentionally is still winding people up, so it's the same thing even if his is just by chance.

Trials is dangerous but you're not putting anyones life needlessly in danger.

Depends on how and where you ride, lol. You can put pedestrians in danger with your trials bike.

That says it all really...

Are you honestly comparing riding a bicycle to purposely losing control of a car capable of instantly killing pedestrians? You're not very bright mate

Stupid comment about Russia. People are absolutely same in any part of the world.

And you can't kill someone instantly on 40km/h speed.

This is really easy: the level of danger depends on:

1) Driver skill (the higher - the less danger is)

2) Quantity of peds/other cars on streets (the less - the less danger is)

3) What driver trying to do in terms of difficulty. (for example if you can do 3 meters BH gap successful 5 times put of 10 and trying to do this gap between two multi-storey buildings - this is really dangerous, but if you trying to do same gap between road borders this almost 100% safe).

So if you are skilled driver, drifting on deserted streets at night and doing only what you are 100% sure you do without crashing - it's fine.

It's like crossing the road at a stoplight on a deserted road - it's fine. It would be stupid to stand and wait because there are NO cars.

Depends on how and where you ride, lol. You can put pedestrians in danger with your trials bike.

Stupid comment about Russia. People are absolutely same in any part of the world.

3) What driver trying to do in terms of difficulty. (for example if you can do 3 meters BH gap successful 5 times put of 10 and trying to do this gap between two multi-storey buildings - this is really dangerous, but if you trying to do same gap between road borders this almost 100% safe).

So if you are skilled driver, drifting on deserted streets at night and doing only what you are 100% sure you do without crashing - it's fine.

It's like crossing the road at a stoplight on a deserted road - it's fine. It would be stupid to stand and wait because there are NO cars.

Unfortunately there is never 100% safe

I can see where Cleric is coming from but... Remember, cars are a giant chunk of moving metal. So unless you're on a private track, your own farm etc. Anywhere away from public access then I think it's alright.

I do respect the skill and wish I was capable of doing it controlled in a public area, but would still think it's pretty dangerous.

What do people think of wheelspinning on public roads?

By the way drifting is pleasure to look at, especially live.

But what is really danger, as I said previously - stupid twats going too fast(100+ kmh) on public roads (where speed limit is 60kmh). And often this twats have no skill at all, so the danger they bring to streets is really huge.

When drifting doesn't need high speeds.

I don't remember a single case someone dies because of drifting in my city, but hundreds because of idiots going too fast.

And what I talking about drifting doesn't mean I relieve responsibility from this drivers. You must be responsible for what you're doing anywhere and anytime.

Killing on road because of being stupid twat happens more often in Russia because of too light laws in terms of punishment and corruption.

So if someone kill/hurt me or those who dear to me I kill him or make him suffer. Because many twats can just pay off and have no punishment for what they're done or punishment would be way too light (probation instead of going to jail for killing 7 people on bus stop being drunk for example or just 3 years in prison). So you have to take justice in your own hands sometimes. And not only in Russia :)

Edited by TriаlsRider

The absolute is unreachable of course and life is full of dangers, so maybe just lie in a coffin and die instead of living this CRAZY INSANE DANGEROUS AND SO SCARY LIFE. :P

The way i look at it is do what makes you happy but dont put OTHERS in danger doing it. By all means go out drifting but do it on private land not public roads

• Like 1

By the way drifting is pleasure to look at, especially live.

But what is really danger, as I said previously - stupid twats going too fast(100+ kmh) on public roads (where speed limit is 60kmh). And often this twats have no skill at all, so the danger they bring to streets is really huge.

When drifting doesn't need high speeds.

I don't remember a single case someone dies because of drifting in my city, but hundreds because of idiots going too fast.

And what I talking about drifting doesn't mean I relieve responsibility from this drivers. You must be responsible for what you're doing anywhere and anytime.

Killing on road because of being stupid twat happens more often in Russia because of too light laws in terms of punishment and corruption.

So if someone kill/hurt me or those who dear to me I kill him or make him suffer. Because many twats can just pay off and have no punishment for what they're done or punishment would be way too light (probation instead of going to jail for killing 7 people on bus stop being drunk for example or just 3 years in prison). So you have to take justice in your own hands sometimes. And not only in Russia :)

1276-www.funsniper.com-stop-talking-shit

Yeah, the driver would probably be fine, but would you want to be stood between the car and wall? 1300+kg of car traveling at 40kph can very easily kill or mame someone.

I do agree with the idea of what you're saying, as I say, I've got mates who do drift on public roads, and I'd do the same my self, but when we do it, the areas truly are deserted, they're places that people have no reason to go to, so just don't, unfinished developments with roads that lead nowhere, industrial areas where nothing is open at night, not city centers where you can't predict the actions of the few other people that are still around. That video showed loads of occasions where the streets definitely weren't deserted. That's the only problem I have with it, other than that, good on you for having fun, and they're both cool cars.
Edited by RobinJI