Magura HS33 Steel hose

insomnia

Just a note on those hoses, they will make your lever very slow to respond.

They do slow em down a bit.

Best combo I think is normal hoses with braided crossovers, if you have a problem with breaking crossovers that is. Run your normal hose a bit longer and they're okay

I already run longer crossovers. They always cut at the end of the metal fitting going in the hose...

I also wanted just to change the crossover to a braided hose

No I didn't mean longer crossover I meant the other hose. Braided crossover with longer normal hose is the way

The plastic magura hose is the proper stuff for the job, simple as that. Magura brakes are designed to work with it

but, some people have massive problems with clipping their ankles on the crossovers, causing them to split. not fun mid ride. braided crossovers should be considered a viable and sensible upgrade if this is a persistent problem.

EDIT: although a larger booster could well help too.

Edited by Ash-Kennard

I've never torn a crossover off, make them the right length and it can be avoided

Correct length of cross over? If the cylinders are mounted and you knock the shroud or barb with you're foot it will snap/damage it. Can I have an exact measurement for my cross over please? I want it perfect!

Correct length of cross over? If the cylinders are mounted and you knock the shroud or barb with you're foot it will snap/damage it. Can I have an exact measurement for my cross over please? I want it perfect!

Can't remember. I did it so it just sat outside the frame where the tyre runs, not over long but no sharp bends where the barbs or shroud are. And always run it on the underneath, shroud and bleed bolt on top