Echo SL Forks Reliable or not?

Callum219

my friend abused a set for the best part of a year before they cracked. i however wouldn't want them for anything but comp only use... be realistic and critical about your riding. are you smooth? are heavy? how often do you do moves to front/hooks? what sort of riding are you doing?

just had a look on tarty, they're only 170g lighter than the heaviest forks. i don't know why you'd wanna compromise strength and confidence for a measly amount of weight?

Edited by ogre

My friend has been abusing his set for over 5 years now. He rides really really big and do hooks all the time, and big up to fronts. Can't see how his set has lasted this long since he snapped a pair of try-all forks in 6 months, then put on his 5 year old Echo sl forks again and they are still going strong....

they seem to fail at the join between the crown and the steerer, maybe his were assembled properly? didn't realise the sl forks had been around that long haha. sure he's note runing the lite forks? they were awesome.

My friend has been abusing his set for over 5 years now. He rides really really big and do hooks all the time, and big up to fronts. Can't see how his set has lasted this long since he snapped a pair of try-all forks in 6 months, then put on his 5 year old Echo sl forks again and they are still going strong....

You sure they're not echo lites?

if they're 5 years old they're not the new SL's :P they're gunna be some older echo forks which will be sound. The newer echo forks aren't worth running though. 2010 onwards

You sure they're not echo lites?

EDIT: They might be echo lites then.. Don't know for sure anymore.

if they're 5 years old they're not the new SL's :P they're gunna be some older echo forks which will be sound. The newer echo forks aren't worth running though. 2010 onwards

I'm sure he told me that they where sl's, and where like 4-5 years old. They looks pretty much exactly the same as the 'new' SL's, if not exactly :)

Edited by williams

I'd recommend a set of the new Trial-Tech SL's They're pretty light and are still very strong. I'm considering a set for my 26" kloud, as i don't think riding shows on Koxx Karbons is a good idea.

I agree with John! Get the trialtech sl's Callum, I had a go on Jacks bike with them on on they feel so stiff, yet still spring you nicely for hooks!