Zoot pro custom built

HippY

You can yeah but it would mean running a gash gear ratio with a huge front sprocket

like an 18 at the back with what at the front? same situation as HippY, the cost of a freehub is silly, so i'd like a ffw but this gash gears ratio is a cheaper option! won't be so bad with long crank arms though maybe? just naf clearance?

Bikes

JAF 24” Euan Beaden edition

JAF frame (blueish)

Inspired forks (polished silver)

FSA headset (black)

Hussefelt BB (black)

Hussefelt Cranks (polished)

Trialtech Stem (black)

Trialtech High Rise bars (polished)

Hope Pro 2 EVO hubs (Front with EB bolt up axle)

Dmr Deevee rims (black)

Black spokes

Maxxis holy roller tyres

Shimano saint brakes (203 ice tech rotors) (EBC organic pads)

Social seat

Inspired post

Kmc chain

£400

What do you think about this bike? Would it be a good starting point, could I use it for small trialsy moves, or as a base (ofc new disc :D) for my zoot build? so my thought that i buy this bike, and if I feel that I need something more neutrual, then i buy a zoot/zoot pro frame, but all my other parts will be good specs

Bikes

JAF 24 Euan Beaden edition

JAF frame (blueish)

Inspired forks (polished silver)

FSA headset (black)

Hussefelt BB (black)

Hussefelt Cranks (polished)

Trialtech Stem (black)

Trialtech High Rise bars (polished)

Hope Pro 2 EVO hubs (Front with EB bolt up axle)

Dmr Deevee rims (black)

Black spokes

Maxxis holy roller tyres

Shimano saint brakes (203 ice tech rotors) (EBC organic pads)

Social seat

Inspired post

Kmc chain

£400

What do you think about this bike? Would it be a good starting point, could I use it for small trialsy moves, or as a base (ofc new disc :D) for my zoot build? so my thought that i buy this bike, and if I feel that I need something more neutrual, then i buy a zoot/zoot pro frame, but all my other parts will be good specs

don't buy Euan's old bike, frame cracked a few time while he had it and its likely to crack again and need another reweld. Id say just gp for a zoo prim frame straight away unless you just use all the parts from the bike and done use his frame at all

well, it would be a good idea, as it has saint brakes and hope wheels, but the fact that it cracked means it was not rode smoothly and the wheels/brakes might go faulty if I get it well, but if I am wrong correct me please

Edited by UKHippY

Sounds ok but be prepared to buy a new frame soon after.

this^

Id say go for it but don't use the frame for too long :P the reason it cracked was because the welds were crap and the support bar between the seatstay and chain stay on the disc side wasn't originally there so the force if the disc caused it to crack and euan welded the bar on. Also euan isn'ta very smooth rider all the time :L

So euen bike plus a zoot frame over a zoot build then?

I get in contact with the guy

Can i repair the parts if they break, like brakes and hubs?

yeah get Euans old bike and buy a zoot frame and swap all the parts over :) as for the brakes and hubs they generaly won't break but if the has break then they can be sent back to hope asbthey are covered under the life time warranty and the brakes i doubt will break :)

Edited by trialsbikingnunn
  • Like 1

okay ill do that

I already tried to get in contact with the guy by PM and text, just wait until he replies, and probably i will ride the frame for a while, until I can get the money for a new frame as I ride bikes as babies ride skateboards

http://cheezburger.com/8019008256

is that frame very very streety?

Euan ain't that smooth but his shit is generally looked after. He also makes sure his wheels are true as he rides them so they'd be pretty sound as he had those rims for a while.

It's not a bad spec at all, I would recommend doing what nunn has said. Although wash the parts as they might still smell like him.

• Like 3

Well, I was thinking about it.

I could afford it, and I had no money left at all, then I would need to spend a new, more neutral frame, like a zoot, that would cost £300 with postage and stuff, and there could be any unforeseen problem, as it is used, and in my past experience, that is used and cheap tend to break really quickly

I am going on a slower road, as I am going to order the parts end of the march, so I will have money to live and for the bike as well, until then I am learning with my mod

I am going to build this bike with as many new part as I can, maybe I am going to change the used parts by time, but I do not want to wait weeks again until i can afford parts and go out riding, as my bike broke and so do I.

I know but it comes with a price

Bike is £400

New frame starts at £280 posted from tarty

And now we are around £700 plus other cost that may occur

With this bike i can built it as strong as i need, and as expensive as i can go

Has ewan got any worries about the frame, worth you asking him he's deffinitly not planning on selling the bike if he has any conserns about the frame.

it's one he sold to jack and now prattley has it. Euan got rid of it when he wanted to become Ali C and got the arcade

• Like 2

yes it is

Yess, I could get a Hope pro 2 rear hub, with the same colour as my front hope, and in 32 hole system !

So far the specs

Onza Zoot Pro Frame Kit

Hope XC front hub

Hope Pro2 hub rear

Halo Black spokes

Rim: DMR DV Green or Spank Stiffy, depends on the german site

Tyres: Holy Roller, not sure if 2.2 or 2.4 would be better

First square tapper BB

Zhi Cranks

18 spindle cog front

13 rear

my old pedals

Rockman risers

A mod stem (150x35 probably, will be changed for a shorter over time)

BB7 brakes front and back, the biggest disc can run on the rear (that should be 180mm) 200mm on the fron

If I have more funds, then saints

Edited by UKHippY