Because Simple Trials 24'' (updated page 2)

niconj

Parts List:
Frame - Because Simple Trials 24'' w/ Because headset
Fork - Echo Urban disc only
Front wheel - Spank Spike/DT340/Sapim Strong-Race/Sapim Polyax Aluminium Orange.
Rear wheel - Echo TR Rim/Echo TR Hub 129mm w/ Try All serrated washers/Sapim Race/Sapim Polyax Aluminum black
Front tyre - Schwalbe Rocket ron (w/ Schwalbe SV10 tube)
Rear tyre - Maxxis High Roller (w/ Schwalbe AV10 Tube)
Bottom bracket - Truvativ Giga Pipe DH
Cranks - TryAll 170mm w/ Echo TR 18T
Bashring - Try All A-Symmetric Bash
Pedals - Wellgo MG1
Stem - Brother 150x30°
Handlebars - Tensile 99 Riser
Grips - Trialtech foam
Frontbrake - Saint 810 Lever to a Zee 640 Caliper w/ SLX 180mm rotor (Trickstuff pads. BADASS!)
Rearbrake - Racing Line Lever to '13 HS33 w/ yellow Heatsink in TNN aluminium backings w/ Trialtech 4bolt Booster - Trialtech Y-splitter (water bled)
Weight: 9.7kg
To see the pictures scroll down.
Edited by niconj

I had the same fork but it snapped :D

Are you sure? From what I've read only the ones with the integrated crown race broke.

Looks very tidy!

Thanks. It's not as light as other bikes (just under 10kg) but enough for what I'm able to do with it. :) I will make better pictures soon as these aren't very sharp.
Edited by niconj

I am not sure if it looks nicer with stickers and tire logos removed:

It looks more clean but also more boring...

Well, I've already removed the frame stickers as I really didn't like them. As the tyre decals can't be removed, I won't even bother even though it looks much better IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see I've made quite some changes. Echo TR FFW + TryAll Bash + Echo TR rear wheel instead of my Hope Trials/Stiffy setup. I also got rid of the stickers and some of the Maxxis/Schwalbe decals.

A little update will come in one week, which will be the final version I think. Weight like shown 9.8kg :blink:

p.s.: The yellow heatsinks work quite well with a smooth rim (when dry).

12879520283_3470869ffb_z.jpg
Edited by niconj
  • Like 2

really really nice and tidy - good job. now lets see a video of you doing some trials stuff :)

Thank you! I really don't know much as I've just started last year in October.

My latest vids are these:

http://videos-static-1.mtb-news.de/videos/8/0/7/7/2/1/_/video/14.03.14_7b14b8_03e048-h.m4v

http://videos-static-1.mtb-news.de/videos/8/0/7/7/2/1/_/video/15.03.14_bb3a95_1d016c-h.m4v

As you can see, the bike is much better than me.

• Like 1

if i had half that control i'd be happy fella - good job. if thats taken you 6 months to do then i think i'll be practicing for a few years as time is scarce round here! liked your hop up to the rear wheel on the bench.....that technique there looks to be one of the most useful things to learn to do!

if i had half that control i'd be happy fella - good job. if thats taken you 6 months to do then i think i'll be practicing for a few years as time is scarce round here! liked your hop up to the rear wheel on the bench.....that technique there looks to be one of the most useful things to learn to do!

Thank you.

Well, I can't say that I've been practicing as much as I would've liked. With two children at home there is basically no time to do nothing.

The sidehop was the easiest thing for me to learn. I know it's far from the perfect technique I have but I didn't have any problems doing it. This was the third time I practiced it. It took me ages to do some back wheel hops and even more to learn the pedal up. The sidehop only three days. I guess it's positive transfer from the other two things.

Edited by niconj