Omen 24 Black Build Thread by HippY

HippY

Well, little update

the 2nd rim and the red disc bolts are on the post in Germany, should be with me next week

I am going to change the front sprocket tomorrow at the bike shop, I do not have a vice

I will make an order for a BB and a lockring tool (although I will ask how much would it cost to install BB and change rear sprocket)

I laced up the rear wheel! It is beautiful, needs to put in some work, as there is only the first 3 turn tension in it, so I will spend the rest of the night sorting that out, but god damn it, the wheel is beautiful... hopefully the front wheel will look good with the pinkish hub :)

pictures

post-31269-0-24718700-1396557321_thumb.j

post-31269-0-31559200-1396557337_thumb.j

• Like 3

little update:

the guys wanted to charge me £20 for inserting the BB, changin the rear sprocket and front sprocket, so I will do the front sprocket as I cannot do it myself and just buy a BB tool.

When I took the pictures I laced half of the spokes wrong, as on the rim there is eyeleted holes for the right and left side, but I laced it other way around... after several hours of re-lacing and some basic tensioning it seems really stiff, although the spokes seems to flex a little when I push together so I might them them a little bit more, as I will run a disc on it. ohh and after FFW it is so strange, that the loud Pro2 hub got even louder, thanks the wheel just amplify the sound :D

Rim is in GB, should be with me by around Wednesday :)

that the loud Pro2 hub got even louder,

It is louder still when laced to a 26'' rim. I was really surprised when I compared the Pro II Evo Trials to my Echo TR FFW with the latter being almost silent in comparison.

• Like 1

It is louder still when laced to a 26'' rim. I was really surprised when I compared the Pro II Evo Trials to my Echo TR FFW with the latter being almost silent in comparison.

I know, I needed to do a doublecheck as my V!Z FFW was really loud as far as I remembered :D

I order the inspired pivotal seat, monty seat clamp, BB tool, lockring tool and a 13T sprocket today, and a pair of Avid Juicy pads for the front...

I need to insert BB, change sprockets, build front wheel sort out brakes and chain and seat... is there anything that I forgot to do?

I know, I needed to do a doublecheck as my V!Z FFW was really loud as far as I remembered :D

And I was disappointed as I switched to an Echo TR FFW. I thought it would be louder still but even after bedding in (which supposedly isn't necessary for Echo FFWs) it was very quiet in comparison.

Edited by niconj

very last parts are on their way, rim +disc bolts arrived, bike should be ready by Wednesday :D

the Echo TR caliper and the Hope +20 mount are not compatible, as there is a small area where the Hope adapter is curved up and crashes with the caliper... which material should I cut down a little bit, the calipers or the adapters? we are talking about like a mm cut

And at an even better price here. :D

green buddy, we mean green ;)

You need to get special hubs, dont you?

the trialtech ones? yeasss well ive got that sorted. i was gonna get hope hubs but since they wont fit on my frame (something to fit them had been discontinued) i wont have odd hubs, and the trialtech hubs wont exactly be bad anyway.

EDIT: im getting the complete wheels as on the skye pro, but getting new rims and spokes later

Edited by JJ Leigh

considering the adapters are about £10 and the caliper is a bit more i'd suggest the same as that guy ^^^

Hippy, have you had any budget creep? i'm finding it hard not to buy expensive stuff....

well, I had, but now I just moved it to my salary, so basically I spend most of my money on my bike... I do not like to live with my parents but yeah, it has its own priviliges

yeah, ill mod the adapter, i do not need to cut off big part anyway

green buddy, we mean green ;)

the trialtech ones? yeasss well ive got that sorted. i was gonna get hope hubs but since they wont fit on my frame (something to fit them had been discontinued) i wont have odd hubs, and the trialtech hubs wont exactly be bad anyway.

EDIT: im getting the complete wheels as on the skye pro, but getting new rims and spokes later

nice, but get black spokes, they are sexy :D

just re-read the first message on this page and that - ^^^ - made me wet my pants. i mustve missed it before! i'd be intrigued where you get your balls from as i think i will also need some soon!

I do not know that either, but if I cannot grow a pair for myself neither buying them, then I just became a keyboard warrior on a forum :D

or just replace them with stupidity, but I might send Tarty a message to ask if they are going to stock them soon

• Like 1

Little update:

All parts should arrive tomorrow, and the final assembly will be on Friday

Wheels are done, although they move up and down a little bit, but they the spokes are tight

Brakes needs sorted

And saw it for the first time with wheels. so beautiful, but raised some eyebrows, as basically it is nothing like my previous bike. I wait with the final decision until the first ride:)

pics will follow

I'd mod the adapter, the Hope IS to IS ones are overbuilt anyway!

This. I did this to mine so I could run a 180mm rear rotor with an echo brake, just get a grinder with a flapper wheel on and sand it off until the caliper clears. It'll be fine

• Like 1

Yess, it looks like a bike now!

post-31269-0-92530000-1397236027_thumb.j

Things to sort:

Inserting heaset cups (Seabass, please reply me)

My archenemies, the brakes needs sorted:

First, Avid juicy 3 pistons sticking, I cannot pull them back

Rear: adapter needs modified and spaced, it seemed like there was a small leak from the lever....

Chain needs to be waaaay shorter and installed

Rear sprocket needs changed

Just a question from you:

I am looking for a new set of brakes. It is important to be new, should be cheapish, so like £90 max, but lower is better

I am not looking for a super high end M810 set, as I dont have the money, neither the abilities to use that power, I am 100% sure

I am looking at Elixir 5/7, as on new Inspired Fourplay, Zee maybe, Schimano 2 pots.. mainly them :)

• Like 4

Bb7 for £32 for full front or rear on eBay. Or check out CRC for some Clark's s2 for the same monies.

Review:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/disc-brake-systems/product/review-clarks-cycle-systems-s2-disc-brakes-09-34871/

I've been looking for a front set of juicy 5/7/deore for about 3 weeks and they're all either £60 an end with no rotor or in need of a fix of some sort.

Have you tried bleeding yours?

Edited by marshole82
  • Like 1

Bb7 for £32 for full front or rear on eBay. Or check out CRC for some Clark's s2 for the same monies.

Review:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/disc-brake-systems/product/review-clarks-cycle-systems-s2-disc-brakes-09-34871/

I've been looking for a front set of juicy 5/7/deore for about 3 weeks and they're all either £60 an end with no rotor or in need of a fix of some sort.

Have you tried bleeding yours?

yes, I bled them a long time ago, and probably I try to rebleed them again, but as a temporary solution, I will get brand new brakes, as If there was a problem with my bike 99% it was the brake, and so do now

what do you think, would a pair of S2 hold up for a beginner? I am thinking about BB7 as well, although I am not sure about that

Edited by UKHippY