Omen 24 Black Build Thread by HippY

HippY

Cocky doesn't come on here that often, best to message him on Facebook.

Would you message him please?

I dont have facebook :/

ask him to get in contact with me please, I send my phone number to him

Trials addict do a good deal with a bb7. Go for that x

What's up with the headset?

He included a headset as a gift, but the problem is that he forgot to add the headset cups to it. I asked him to send me and he should posted it on Wednesday, but he might forgot it again

Would you message him please

I dont have facebook :/

ask him to get in contact with me please, I send my phone number to him

He included a headset as a gift, but the problem is that he forgot to add the headset cups to it. I asked him to send me and he should posted it on Wednesday, but he might forgot it again

Sent last week :)

little update as it is today

Chain is on the bike, front brake as well, need to sort out the cups, that are on post, and rear brake. I took a look at the adapter and caliper and realised that it would be wiser to machine down like a mm from the caliper then the adapter as it seems really thin there

So hopefully it will be ready by friday...

Brakes will be changed, for a BB7 front, and something for the rear, as the MT2 lever started to leak somewhere strange spot... probably from the cable connection, but I cannoit say it 100%

Edited by UKHippY

liiitle update:

Bike is pretty much assembled, it was the first time when I was nearly on the bike, and damn, it was a good choice!

I have 3 problems left though:

1. No headset cups, they are on the post.....

2 3, brakes, both of them are rubbing hard, and the MT2 lever seems to leaking.. so the plan is to survive and keep them alive and get a pair of BB7/ Clarks Skeleton/S2 for Tartydays

When I sent you the mt2 lever onto the echo caliper I said it needed bleeding as all I have done is attached them as I snapped the mt2 caliper. Just incase you haven't had it bled. (p.s. before I get accused of being a scammer by anyone after reading the above I gave him the brake)

When I sent you the mt2 lever onto the echo caliper I said it needed bleeding as all I have done is attached them as I snapped the mt2 caliper. Just incase you haven't had it bled. (p.s. before I get accused of being a scammer by anyone after reading the above I gave him the brake)

Sorry I though it was clear, I did not, I mean I was aware it was not 100% and you stated as well, and you gave it for free for the frame, so you did not scammed me, just t make clear at both sides

I was just hoping that it would survive until the new brake came... and technically it does :D

just had the first rIDE OHMYGOD, IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME, I MEAN IT FEELS LIKE MY PREVIOUS MOD, BUT WITH NICER WHEELS, TRIED MANUAL, AND FELT THE SPOT FOR THE FIRST TIME, WITH NO BREAK ON THE REAR I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!

bahhh. lets get calm :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

So, headset cups arrived today, I gave it a go. I think I found the one. It suits me so much nicer, so much solider and nicer than my mod, I just love it.

M615 Deore will arrive tomorrow and I will give it a proper go :D :D

Thank you very much for everyone, for Seabass, for the frame, fork, stem, the brake, the advices and being in general a good guy with me :)

For Err for the hope Pro 2 hub

For everyone who bought the parts of the previous built and thus helped me

For the guy in the bike shop, to chase the thread in my BB for free and tooking off the freewheel... somehow

For Mark W for the wheel building guide

For Tarty bikes and Adam, for being handsome, making tarty days, and for the help in general

For CRC as they have great offers

For my mum to bear with me, as "I spend all my money on a stupid bike"

For my wallet, as he got raped in the past few month

For Marshole82 for his support

And for TF in general!!!!!!!!!!!!

(waaaaaaaaaah I am so happy : D:D:D:D:D:)

• Like 4

so after putting on the rear brake, that seems superb, I gave it a quick go, fully assembled

It feels so much solider than the previous bike

2.5 bars= I wont be part of eightypsi. soon, and it seems rock hard from the very soft trial tires, but still bearable

It does not feel that strange, although the 2.4 front tyre and the 24 wheels are large and... interesting in a good way

It feels short, probably because of the wheels and the short stem (compared to my prev mod)

DD Is interesting in a good way

I forgot to ride and I think I need to learn it again from the beginning... it will be a long journey !

But overall, it feels really promising :)

• Like 1

i didn't realise until the past few updates that you actually rode trials before, i thought you were a total newb like me! it's good that you have some skill already, you just need to get used to the feel and how it responds.

in contrast to you, i rode a mates BMX the other week and nearly hurt myself hopping a curb, those small wheels and high bars make the front flip up too quick!

• Like 1

so after putting on the rear brake, that seems superb, I gave it a quick go, fully assembled

It feels so much solider than the previous bike

2.5 bars= I wont be part of eightypsi. soon, and it seems rock hard from the very soft trial tires, but still bearable

It does not feel that strange, although the 2.4 front tyre and the 24 wheels are large and... interesting in a good way

It feels short, probably because of the wheels and the short stem (compared to my prev mod)

DD Is interesting in a good way

I forgot to ride and I think I need to learn it again from the beginning... it will be a long journey !

But overall, it feels really promising :)

Same here, I've had years of riding stuff with big stems that push all your weight over the front, now I have a steel framed streety 24. It's like learning to ride again, a new challenge. Good luck my friend, see you at tarty days

• Like 1

I gave up on short stems and went for something that suited me more, If you feel "Cramped" Then just opt for a longer stem. It's all dependant on what moves you prefer doing and whatnot in my opinion. I find longer stem's harder to level out on bunyhops and spins but I love everything else on it :)

I gave up on short stems and went for something that suited me more, If you feel "Cramped" Then just opt for a longer stem. It's all dependant on what moves you prefer doing and whatnot in my opinion. I find longer stem's harder to level out on bunyhops and spins but I love everything else on it :)

I think I just need to get used to it, I wait another month or so, and if I still feel uncomfortable I get 150*30 or something among those lines