• 1 month later...

well Tartydays are over

what I realised:

Magura on the rear feels amazingly solid

BB7 in the front for sure

Dan is a cool guy, so does Jake

I cannot remember who is who here, but the rest of the guys were cool too

I am sh*t at riding, but Abel on that mod was.... dangerous

I might like stocks.... but first I want to get friendlier with this set-up first... I just don't know when I will have free time, but hopefully in June

• Like 1

well Tartydays are over

what I realised:

Magura on the rear feels amazingly solid

BB7 in the front for sure

Dan is a cool guy, so does Jake

I cannot remember who is who here, but the rest of the guys were cool too

I am sh*t at riding, but Abel on that mod was.... dangerous

I might like stocks.... but first I want to get friendlier with this set-up first... I just don't know when I will have free time, but hopefully in June

If you mean me then thank you!! Haha

• 2 weeks later...

just a quicky

I have got the Echo/magura MT2 disc brakes from Cocky, and since the kjtsie pads out they seem appealing.

what kind of bleeding kits would I need to bleed this system?

I have an avid kit with Dot fluid would it suit the system?

Do you mean Echo caliper and mt2 lever? in that case you'd need a magura bleed kit and some mineral oil, dot will eat the seals.

okay so magura kit thats fair enough, but what type of fitting Echo TR caliper has?

then some Mineral oil is on the list too

• 1 month later...

I think slowly it is time to treat my bike

first off, Nukeproof electron pedals, current ones are worn down

I am thinking about getting a SLX front brake as well, as BB7 is powerful, but somehow.... does not feel right (disclaimer: I will give it another go, as on tartydays I tried one and daaaamn, that was better)

And new grips , probably Nukeproof Element

Hippy what is it about the BB7 you don't like the feel of?

it is not as sharp as I expected/remembered (new organic pads will come, with some fiddling, maybe they are just old)

and it feels different than hydro, and I am not sure if I like it or not....

Cable and cable housing? My current BB7 and previous BB7 has all been very sharp, snappy and holds amazingly well. Sometimes the cable and housing can make the brake feel spongy as the cable stretch and housing compresses. I've always used Jagwire (Universal Sport) cables and housings and can't recommend them enough.

Have you properly bedded in your pads too?

Cable and cable housing? My current BB7 and previous BB7 has all been very sharp, snappy and holds amazingly well. Sometimes the cable and housing can make the brake feel spongy as the cable stretch and housing compresses. I've always used Jagwire (Universal Sport) cables and housings and can't recommend them enough.

Then you should consider Jagwire Ripcord L3. They are the best Jagwire has to offer.

Hippy, did you change the broken ferrule yet? The silver bit that goes round the outer cable and holds it in the lever? It was snapped. If you put a new one on it should make the brake feel more solid.

not yet

I think I should do that then...

its not spongy just not as sharp as I remember...

they are used pads, should not they be bedded?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

well, after a long August I was thinking about quitting, but after few rides, I realised that I must stay. It is something that I must do

So I started to upgrade my bike slowly

New Clarks Lock on Grips, so my grips finally nice and solid

14 t on the rear( needs to get a chainwhip first) so lighter gearing

Onza Zoot Purple Pedals, as I found it locally it seemed decent enough and well, lets support your Local bike shop

Things to do:

Something with the front brake... the cable "finally" came apart, so I think it is time I get something... retard proof up front.

it will be probably an SLX, as the Deore and SLX price are really close and I have good experience with the deore (setup and go.. so pretty much retard proof)

And lastly, ride it as much as possible :)