Magistrates court

trials owns

Hey everyone,

Been asked too stand up in a magistrate court as a witness on Tues with something i got dragged into, Im not going too say what happened here though :)

Anyone been in similar shoes? How was the experience & how long will i have too explain what happened?

Many thanks

Please turn up though!

Often people enter a guilty plea when they hear a witness against them has turned up, effectively wasting your morning/afternoon but saving time in the long run.

Wear a suit and tie.

Edited by AndrewEH1

The missus and I whitnessed an attack outside a bar, I broke it up and the guys thought I was with the victim, so persued us as we walked down the road, my missus shouted at them and one of them went for her. I managed to get in the way but never got to let rip as a police car screached up neside us.

we whitnessed in court agalnst them because of what they did to us mainly. It took about 4-5 hours in total, we went over our statments, and waited to be called. Inside we Got asked loads of leading questions then sat down in the audiance untill all evidance and verdict was given, basically half a day out of our lives, but it was worth it. Two counts of affray and one of assault.

I went as a witness to a gently car crash the other week.

once he realized 15 witnesses turned up he plead guilty.

what happened that day was turn up 9am you go through a security check they x ray your shit and metal decteror you.

then you get shown to the witness room where there maybe defence and prosecution witnesses there so if your worried someone you don't really want to see is there say to the witness support guys first.

once your in the witness room you just have a cuppa read your statement to yourself bit of a recap.

they may show you the court before you go in if you ask.

and then if it goes that far you go to court and you basicly get quizzed on what you said in your statement.

by the defence and prosecution lawers. Once that's over you may go home.

SSSOO yeah, Went in at 9am, Sat in the tea room untill 11:45ish, Went in the court room for around 10 minutes or so and out i came. The two defendants got away with "not guilty" so im pretty annoyed! One even had his mummy and daddy come along believing his petty made up story!

So yeah, I was nervous, Didn't know what too expect but im glad it over :)

No I think it was Coke.

It was some smackhead who had a 4 bedroom house, but used everyroom to grow weed apart from the living room where he had a gas stove and a portable toilet :lol:. Some of the pictures of his house where ridiculous. Looked like something from Kew gardens.

It was some smackhead who had a 4 bedroom house, but used everyroom to grow weed apart from the living room where he had a gas stove and a portable toilet :lol:. Some of the pictures of his house where ridiculous. Looked like something from Kew gardens.

Drug farms are mad.

I've seen pictures of a pub in Edinburgh, in Leith, that have two massive cellars rammed full of weed plants with an estimated value upwards of £250k. A chinese man was living in a wee room by the cellars looking after them all.

The pub above was running as normal, it must of stunk. Yet the people running the pub said they had no idea it was happening... :rolleyes:

It's mental. There was literally the stairs, the upstairs landing and the attic ladders open. The rest of the rooms including the attic where full to the brim of plants. His leccy bill must have been insane.

Usually they just bypass the meter, stops leccy companies calling the police!