Dual disc Echo 24" 2014 - build thread UPDATES PAGE 2

wilf

Update. Got the tyres, rims and front spokes. Started building the front up aswell.

IMG_2048_zpsf91534b9.jpg

IMG_2124_zps35133e20.jpg

IMG_2127_zpsf37c8511.jpg

Got some nice new unscratched top caps aswell

IMG_2123_zps3bb30e9e.jpg

Stripped the brakes down ready to send off for anodising!

CC1FA1AB-C47F-4587-B733-3492E83D2CCC_zps

I'll update when I get them back.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the red bits on the stem! But take the strips off the stem it make it look 10x better

Yeah I'm thinking more and more about it since you lads have said to do so haha.

I think that looks darn good :) Maybe some Gold titanium bolts would make it look even better ;)

Haha anything Ti will come later on, I'm not that bothered about weight.

Haha! Meow.

I like the brake bits but not keen on the stem parts. Might look nice full built though.

Haha only joking Georgey boy :P yeah we'll see, wasn't really sure how the stem would turn out. Really really happy with the brakes though, they came out really good because they didn't need stripping before hand as they were silver.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just re-read it. Does the 24'' really work work with a screw on sprocket on the front? Tarty states that it doesn't.

Recommended for 18:14 gear ratio and front freewheel only, since a screw on front sprocket will generally contact the BB yoke

Edited by niconj

Recommended for 18:14 gear ratio and front freewheel only, since a screw on front sprocket will generally contact the BB yoke

Had a few instances where that was the case, decided to warn people off trying it in future to prevent frustration... if you're happy enough to faff around with things to get them to work though, then it will work.

Had a few instances where that was the case, decided to warn people off trying it in future to prevent frustration... if you're happy enough to faff around with things to get them to work though, then it will work.

Nothing I really like doing. Bought an Echo 24'' disc frame though. ;)

My one does!

I asked them about it and basically got what adam said. It can not work for some retarded kids. If you have a rear 135mm freehub though your range of adjustment with the cassette spacers are generally enough to get stuff sorted out.

wilf (and muel) are both masters of faffing around with stuff, and their dad is some kind of engineer, so it's easier for them i guess, more over, when will this be finished wilf i wanna heft it!

When Tarty finally get the frame back in stock! I'v been told it shouldn't be long...

Nothing I really like doing. Bought an Echo 24'' disc frame though. ;)

Where did you get yours from?! Tarty have been out of stock since before christmas if I remember rightly! Edited by wilf

Germany. 295€.

When Tarty finally get the frame back in stock! I'v been told it shouldn't be long...

Where did you get yours from?! Tarty have been out of stock since before christmas if I remember rightly!

Edited by niconj