Dual disc Echo 24" 2014 - build thread UPDATES PAGE 2

wilf

do you want a red headset?

Already got a Red King to go in it. :)

Why all the bearings?

2 front hub bearings as I bought the hub second hand and 2 Fly bottom bracket bearings.

Rear wheel is laced up, just needs tensioning!

Edited by wilf

Sorry I've taken so long over uploading photo's, was going to wait for a mate to take some really good ones with his camera but I can't wait any longer haha.

The pedals arrived just after I built it but haven't got any pictures with them on.

E8D0AB89-742F-43E8-A129-1B3E418491BE_zps

It was good fun building it and its really really nice to ride, so damn stiff. weighs 10kg.

E0C3C216-3D26-4A2C-9B61-C477A7144C55_zps

95C22AB0-4537-47B2-BF11-38EB7B4C58E0_zps

C21A090C-9775-474E-A230-F6AC428E3FAD_zps

A637BE35-AB8C-4A41-959C-0470BBB08156_zps

B3B7A8FA-9445-4D5F-BEF1-843581075A8E_zps

Got this brand new set of RS7's to go on it, Identical to the ones already on it but no scratches ;) they'll be going on once I've had the lockring anodised.

E1472A3B-F0DB-49E7-A9D8-8A3316081707_zps

Edited by wilf

1: They're not Moto Diggers, they're Moto RT's :P. I don't understand why everyone hates them so much, they're really really gripy street tyres, hence why Danny Mac used to ride them.

2: Look at the top picture, you'll see some loverly V12 Mags ready to go on, they hadn't arrived when I built the bike.

1: They're not Moto Diggers, they're Moto RT's :P. I don't understand why everyone hates them so much, they're really really gripy street tyres, hence why Danny Mac used to ride them.

2: Look at the top picture, you'll see some loverly V12 Mags ready to go on, they hadn't arrived when I built the bike.

1. I hope you have a large supply of inner tubes or decide to run silly pressures. They're pretty crap tyres really; paper thin sidewalls, not very grippy at all and if there is a hint of moisture then they're useless. Just an odd choice for the type of bike and the standard of the rest of the build.

2. Fair enough, a much better choice! More in keeping with the rest of the spec.

I hope you have a large supply of inner tubes or decide to run silly pressures. They're pretty crap tyres really; paper thin sidewalls, not very grippy at all and if there is a hint of moisture then they're useless.

Lack of grip? What are you using for tyres, chewing gum? They're mad grippy and roll well, so they're awesome.

Flats shouldn't be a problem, he fitted one of these the other day. I tried to hide it twice but he insisted.

tire.jpg

Adding 500g of rubber to such a nice build is bloody evil if you ask me.

Edited by Muel
  • Like 1