Gyro on rearbrake ?

dk2

Hi just wanted to know if anybody runs a gyro on their rearbrake on a streettrial play-things? Thinking either bb7 with bmx cable gyro, or a hydraulic one (think there is one called "trix") ? just wondering about hold, modulatiry and durability... thanks /stefan

You can set one up without the tabs on your frame but even the best ones I've seen in BMX felt like sh*t compared to a straight cable. Gyros make sense in park riding where your average run can consist of 5+ tailwhips or barspins but in street riding there's just no need for it - especially street trials. Besides, you know it's a bad idea if the French haven't tried it yet...

They leak like shit too

which one has you used tried ? Ive heard they leak, just never found a person who has actually ridden them.

i run a bb7 with cable gyro on my DJ feels okay...But not as great as hydraulic.

ps. taps can be mountes with a 3,3mm drill and a 4mm tap, done it to a few frames now...