laser eye surgery

trials owns

hey,

this crossed my mind a few days ago, fed up of wearing glasses and this seems like a good cure. whats peoples view about it? anyone had it done themselves? id love too get it done but dont know if ive got the balls too go through with it.....especially with the "what if" thought.

Planning on having it done this year, make sure you do your research. Many clinics advertise LASIK as being simple and pain free but there's side effects they leave out and if you ride bikes and are likely to get hit in the head the flap they create may come loose. Oh and having done a fair bit of reading on it, it may not even be a long term solution, you're not guaranteed to get 20/20 vision (although it's over 90% certain) and a lot of people still go back to glasses/contacts after a few years.

Do your research, preferably from medical journals and not random internet articles!

• Like 1

I had lasik about 6 years ago, it works really well.

was just like going to the dentists, pop in for a consultation, then go in a week later for a quick sit in a dentists chair and a big fancy machine comes in and fafs with your eyes for a min. And your all done.

all to do then is get home go sleep ( because you cant open your eyes that day it feels like arc eye )

in the morning wake up perfect vision, you normaly get given eye drops for the next few weeks.

i did see adverts for permanent lens replacement which looks more promising if your looking at a long term fix though.

• Like 2

Both my Mum and Sister have had it done. Both costing £2-3k. The price they advertise on tv is bollocks.

I wore contacts for 10+ years but after getting a nasty infection leaving me virtually blind in one eye (fine now) all christmas 2012 i've been contactless since.

• 2 months later...