Magura h33 problem?

boozeman

I did mine few days ago using a barbed fitting from tarty bikes cost a quid.a short length of pipe from a fish tank air pump i had spare and a 100ml syringe from ebay cost 1.60 i put a couple syringe fulls of water through the system first too flush it and then another syringe full through to fill the system up amd the brakes are fine with a real nice lever feel

Here is my homemade bleed kit on top the tool box and the second pic shows my old magura blood mixed with water that was flushed out the ĺ

post-36883-0-76073600-1408124328_thumb.j

post-36883-0-28514800-1408124356_thumb.j

• Like 1

Anyway I tried to bleed my brakes this afternoon. I thought all was going well, I followed the video to a tea. Fitted to my bike and it hasn't worked. The level moves all the way down, even when the pads are almost touching. Now I know this means there must be air in the system still. I've removed them and bled them again, also checking for leaks. There is no air coming out of any of the lines, or unions or any of the bleeding points. Does anyone have any Ideas?

Anyway I tried to bleed my brakes this afternoon. I thought all was going well, I followed the video to a tea. Fitted to my bike and it hasn't worked. The level moves all the way down, even when the pads are almost touching. Now I know this means there must be air in the system still. I've removed them and bled them again, also checking for leaks. There is no air coming out of any of the lines, or unions or any of the bleeding points. Does anyone have any Ideas?

It might take a few attempts. It can be tricky at first. Try putting the bleed bolts in and submerging it in water to test for leaks.

Solved it. It took a couple of attempts, I think the problem was I was too eager to get the brakes back on and 1st time didn't tighten up the bleed bolt proper. Now they're a million times better and I can finally use them.

• Like 2