Ebay scammers?

trialsiain

So Im selling my dads motorbike on ebay for him and got two messages that both wanted me to email them off ebay "Hi, Am highly interested in buying this off you, is it still on for sale and what price are you willing to take? can you please respond to me via my email ********@abv.g as i don’t check my eBay often." SO I told him the lowest Id go cash is £1300 and he replied.

"Thanks for your swift response,I'd like to know the rock bottom price you willing to take and i will be paying by PayPal as it is attached to my bank account more so its safe and secure way to make payment on eBay. I hope you accept my payment method? If you do,can you just send me the email you associated with your paypal account (Paypal ID) in order to make the payment now, about the collection; have got a private courier that will come for the collection as soon as you confirm the payment via paypal so no shipping included and if you dont have a paypal account, you can easily go to www.paypal.com and sign up. its very easy. I await your reply asap"

The other guy done same thing but he replied.

"ok no problem i will be paying you with my PayPal account because it's attached to my bank account and its safe and very secure way to make payment. If my mode of payment is accepted just send me your paypal email address,(Paypal ID) so i can pay in right away. Make sure you get back to me so that i can make the payment. I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been made, so no shipping included. And if you dont have a paypal account, you can easily go to www.paypal.com and sign up. its very easy. I await your reply asap"

scammers? ?

Edited by trialsiain

One of them gave me there phone number when I asked. Not phoned yet

Short of writing it in some form of acrostic poem that spells out "Taxing your shit", I don't really get what more they need to do to make it any more blatantly obvious to you that they're not legit?

Yea Its so obvious but what should I do. Just leave it or report to ebay or something ?

Sounds genuine, but I offer a service checking these sort of things out in my spare time. As a trials forum member I'll do it for you for £29.99 plus a £18.35 booking fee. I provide same day results of my findings.

Just send me your name, address and a photocopy of a valid debit card (front and back).

• Like 1

Set up a non varified PayPal account, you can transact about £1500pa without linking the account to your bank or having any kind of ID checked. Use a fake address where you can collect any post.

Get their money and spend it immediately. report the bike as stolen.

Scam the scanners (Y)

Just a thought :giggle:

Edited by *gentlydoesit
  • Like 1