shipping bike to germany

insomnia

I want to buy a bike in england and wanted to ask whats the price of sending a full bike (splittet to parts...) to germany.

The prices i get are like 80-120pounds. I cant imagin that there is no cheaper way. It would be like 15 pounds from germany to england....

Any Suggestions? Especially the tartybikes crew?

Cheers

Elias

Check some brokers, there's bound to be some in the UK. 100 quid seems mad, a broker should sort DPD/GLS out for around 20. Those are the cheapest carriers for the EU.

It's all about the size of the box. Disassembling the bike as much as possible to keep the box size down helps. If you're packing it into a 140cm box and just removing the front wheel + handlebars then that shipping quote seems about right.

Keeping it under 120 will help a lot and it's best to find a box which is just frame length (105cm). A 105 x 65 x 30 box should ship as a standard, not oversized parcel and will be big enough for a 26" bike.

Frame, forks and a hub to Portugal in a box 119 x 30something x 40something total weight under 6kg just cost me £26.68 including a couple of quid for extra compo to £100 and a confirmation text message via UPS. That was through Parcel2go though I'm sure there's a couple of specific websites for European parcels.