Help to choose pads

joaovidal12

Greetings,

I want to change pads and I narrowed my choice to TNN LGM or Heatsinks Yellows CNC or TNN ADM.
I have done my research on here, but some posts were from 2012 and compounds may changed a bit.

Performance wanted: On/off feel and good hold.

My rear setup:
Magura 2004 with TNN clamps and integrated booster.
Echo TR double wall rim (I think it is)

I will give a fresh grind to my rim, but the pads will enconter most of the time a light to dull grind.

What should I get?

From my own experience the Heatsinks have a lot of bite, but the TNN pads have more hold. I ran LGMs for a while and found they worked really well, although from seeing other reviews it sounds like the ADM pads might be better for you if you don't grind all that often.

Heatsink yellows are good nice bite, hold and loud noise to em! TNNs are good at the start but i found the ADMs lost the magic to em... LGMs are good especially smooth rim n tar!

Am loving CNC Rockman Blues at the moment on the rear ! Rockman rim with a harsh as f*ck grind and Jitsie clamps... The brake is a 05 magura with a 4 finger lever

Edited by AndeeeMK2

I'd always ran cousts or yellows on my brakes, but in running adm's on the rear and lgm's on the front of my crewkerz. Couldn't get the adm's to work in my echo 24' but on this they work spot on

I'm running cousts at the moment but don't rate them at all. Going for a pair of ADMs front and rear on sharp light grinds next time I have some money spare. Found they've been the best all round pad for me in the past.

TR clamps and try all rims, Racing Line lever units with Magura slaves.

Heatsink Yellows work well with and without a grind giving a fairly decent bite. ADM's work best as a front brake in my opinion as i've tried them rear and they work well for the first 1mm or 2 of the pad. LGM's are one of my favourite pads. great hold, doesn't kill a grind too quick great front or rear. Cousts are amazing but kill grinds too quick so if you dont mind grinding your rim a lot then they're highly recommended but Heatsink Yellows and LGM's do the job perfectly

Heatsink Yellows work well with and without a grind giving a fairly decent bite. ADM's work best as a front brake in my opinion as i've tried them rear and they work well for the first 1mm or 2 of the pad. LGM's are one of my favourite pads. great hold, doesn't kill a grind too quick great front or rear. Cousts are amazing but kill grinds too quick so if you dont mind grinding your rim a lot then they're highly recommended but Heatsink Yellows and LGM's do the job perfectly

Tried to get Cousts out of the backing and was surprised, that this wasn't possible... Wanted to glue them into my TNN backings. I put the yellows in instead and am curious on how they work on my ECHO SL rim.

Edited by niconj