Vapers Thread

JT!

Yeah, i tried to calm that chain stuff down a bit by annealing it, its not easy to build with. Claptons are slow to get going, nice flavour though. I sent you a plain 24awg to parallel with it, but i totally forgot to write you a note about what I'd sent. You should try a fused Clapton.. it's like fitting a turbo to your mod! Will send over some of the new batch when it's done :)

Upgrades to the billow :)

20150913_144400_zpscizasqz9.jpg

Caterpillar coils

20150913_011239_zpsbp28ihhj.jpg

18awg coils. For the lol

20150912_150745_zpsmtbrl3fi.jpg

Edited by *gentlydoesit

Is it possible a certain kind of ejuice could rust screws? I have stainless in this thing now and they've still rusted slightly.. however it's only when I used a specific type of juice.

Grade of stainless (or just not) is probably more the case. Low grade stainless can rust for sure, I'm sure I've even seen 304 rusty :S (exhaust??) Never 316 though. Or maybe there is some anode/cathode action going on and one of your juices an electrolyte? More likely poo screws though :giggle:

Edited by *gentlydoesit

Can someone explain to me the deal with unregulated mods? How do you know what wattage and voltage is going on etc, what's safe and what's going to blow your face off.

Thinking about getting one that can take two 18650 batteries.

There's two kinds, series and parallel. Series has higher voltage (8.4) so you can build down to .05 and it hits HARD! but I'd recommend staying above .1 for battery safety (and dry hits!) Parallel is the same as a single battery mech, you have the same voltage (4.2) but double the mah so battery life is doubled. You can go down to .12 as with any mech but I'd stay around .2 for battery safety.

Those figures are a generalisation, different batteries have different ratings, most are 20c (vtc3&4,he2&4,25r etc) but some hit 30c (lifepo4 a123,vtc5*etc)

To work out wattage for the resistance the coil is at and the power output of the battery use the calculator here http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.aspthough I just normally fit a few coils to see what suits my wants best and don't worry about the math ;)

So basically it's just the resistance of the coils that controls everything? Makes sense.

So if series doubles the voltage, wouldn't parallel double the current? Wouldn't that have the same effect on vapor production?

Any suggestions on a series mech mod that'll take 18650s?

I personally like this one http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=series+parallel+cherry+bomber&biw=360&bih=272&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIkOXUjP_9xwIVgn8aCh1Vegx2#imgrc=u2fbwj-UdZQrpM%3Anot so much the engraving :S but having either series or parallel and a battery read out seems cool.

Reviews say the readout is a little off and the quality is average... but for less than £20 what more can you want. Standard cherry bomber box is a dangerous shamble so steer clear of that sucker!

So if series doubles the voltage, wouldn't parallel double the current? Wouldn't that have the same effect on vapor production?

if only.

So basically it's just the resistance of the coils that controls everything? Makes sense.

Any suggestions on a series mech mod that'll take 18650s?

Series doubles the current through the same resistance coil.

Series I=V/R =8.4/.05 = 168A

Parallel I=V/R = 4.2/.05 =84A

At 168A your batteries will last less than 3 minutes

180 seconds, 4sec per hit, 1 hit every 5 seconds... can't work it out lol, but the point is that'd be some serious vaping @168a! You'd be lucky to vape at that temperature once!

My devices hit 35a occasionally and that's hot.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hammer+of+god+box+mod&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI0bzPq_P-xwIVgaCACh2SYg9-#imgdii=ucwEpaBwdEdoXM%3A%3BBi_btJ9qJCtn2M%3A%3BBi_btJ9qJCtn2M%3A&imgrc=Bi_btJ9qJCtn2M%3Aseries parallel mod F.T.W! (Y)

Edited by *gentlydoesit

Ok so parallel it is. Seems to me that most of the stuff is parallel anyway.

Can you really go wrong buying a unregulated mod? I mean at the end of the day is a box with a button right?

Was thinking something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/181846191526?ul_noapp=true

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Abaddon-Unregulated-Mechanical-Box-Mod-Vaporizer-Clone-Copper-Black-Silver-Blue-/151723052829?var=&hash=item2353660f1d

Second attempt at a reply <_<<_<

Yeah, anything over .12 is fine.  

Lower than .1 can stress the batteries, losing their high capacity and causing premature failure. 

My solution for battery protection if your sub-sub ohm is a series of bursts to preheat the coil then a shortish hit. No 10sec hits from cold ;)

Edited by *gentlydoesit
speling mistack