Vapers Thread

JT!

25w coil comes out at between .6 and .5. if you wanna rebuild you need kanthal (26guage works best) what are you vaping it on?

Also organic cotton for wicking.

the reason I ask what your vaping on depends on how low you can build the resistance. lower the resistance and the more air equals bigger clouds but some regulated devices will only allow you to build down to a certain ohm level. my eleaf 50w for example will go as low as .2ohms.

Edited by uk24

25w coil comes out at between .6 and .5. if you wanna rebuild you need kanthal (26guage works best) what are you vaping it on?

Also organic cotton for wicking.

the reason I ask what your vaping on depends on how low you can build the resistance. lower the resistance and the more air equals bigger clouds but some regulated devices will only allow you to build down to a certain ohm level. my eleaf 50w for example will go as low as .2ohms.

I'm running an eleaf 30W, the screen is indicating 1.2ohms at 28W.

28w on a 1.2ohm coil im pretty surprised your not tasting toast when vaping that higher wattage. a 30w eleaf would let you build down to .4ohms so with a 26 guage kanthal you would need to do 5 wraps around the little blue screwdriver that comes with the subtank. I would practise wicking as that is key the subtank rba section comes with a pre built coil already installed so try wicking that and vaping it at 28watts first.

28w on a 1.2ohm coil im pretty surprised your not tasting toast when vaping that higher wattage. a 30w eleaf would let you build down to .4ohms so with a 26 guage kanthal you would need to do 5 wraps around the little blue screwdriver that comes with the subtank. I would practise wicking as that is key the subtank rba section comes with a pre built coil already installed so try wicking that and vaping it at 28watts first.

Coils are lasting around 5 days, a friend of mine is running the same set up but getting nearly 2 weeks to a coil. I think I'm just hammering mine lol.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm more a dripper/rebuildable guy myself.. but I've got a smok tfv4 kit on pre-order, should be with me soon. It does have a rebuildable deck but I can't resist trying those tri and quad pre built coils, oh and that swivel fill top (Y)

Edited by *gentlydoesit

Someone talk to me about these boxes you stick the atty on top of, I see a lot around. What's their story? Pros? Cons?

Typically

Built in battery mods are ok, they tend to have their lowest fire between .2-.4ish (*unless they're temp control) making them better suited to tank attys.

Changeable battery mods are better imo, their lowest fire is usually from .05-.1, have a higher wattage range and are better suited to dippers.

Depends on what you want from it. Personally I like massive clouds and insane flavour so I generally like a dripper. Cons are just the costs mostly, I can vape 20ml of juice a day @100 watts. Plus i get through two sets of rechargeable batteries a day, each battery cost £8, I have 8 on the go! 18650 mods can also exceed £100

If you link a device you have your eyes on I'll/we'll give you some thoughts.

I see box mods as more of my everyday device especially with a tank set up, I use mech mod for chilling at home with a dripper as its a lot of hassle with leaking and having to have it stood up. I do think with temp control and all the new chips coming out the the future is with box mods, also box mods are safer as regulated devices.

• 2 weeks later...

20150809_182358_zps1qe4z4oa.jpg

24awg 3.2mm 6 wraps kanthal dual coils @.28 so close to the airflow they're practical outside the atty :D

20150809_182233_zpsranuuw5c.jpg

24awg 316l wire twisted with 1×.1 kanthal ribbon 3mm 7 wraps @.18

Nothing exciting atm..

20150809_183809_zpsuvccbzda.jpg but I may make something juicy later ;)

Edited by *gentlydoesit

holy sht thats some equipment right there,that inverse parrallel twisted wire looks promising flavourwise.

i actually have a whole lot of twisted wires in my wrapping box but this is insane.

how does this compare to twisted round- and ribbon wire "pure"?

i seem to be pretty old fashioned when it comes to wicking,using cotton haha

edit:also the third left wire on that one pic looks like solder,haha,what awg/mm is that?

Edited by FamilyBiker

So if I have 26 gauge wire, and I have a RDA that takes two coils, and I'm currently vaping on a 0.5ohm RBA, what resistance should I be aiming for on the RDA? 0.25? Or is it still 5?