Vapers Thread

JT!

holy sht thats some equipment right there,that inverse parrallel twisted wire looks promising flavourwise.

i actually have a whole lot of twisted wires in my wrapping box but this is insane.

how does this compare to twisted round- and ribbon wire "pure"?

i seem to be pretty old fashioned when it comes to wicking,using cotton haha

edit:also the third left wire on that one pic looks like solder,haha,what awg/mm is that?

Those are 18awg kanthal 18awg 317l and 22awg ti.

Claptons seem to take a while to get to peak operating temp but that two stage heating makes for nice flavour. Try, instead of a single wire wrapping the center one, using multiples in a parallel style.. heats much quicker, same great flavour but less ramp up and bigger clouds ;) the wire I just made has probably the best flavour I've tried, and has next to no ramp up time, but dry hits more often at higher watts.

*mis-read your post. Or read it before edit??. Compared to standard twist (not Clapton) it's like there's a party in my lungs and everyone's invited :D

Those two posts were supposed to be one, fyi

Edited by *gentlydoesit

Rta? I'm using a billow @.2 . My rda's are from .05 to .3 generally.

Rebuildable tank atomizer?

So lets say I'm aiming for around 0.5ohm with 26 gauge wire, how would i know how many wraps to do?

Rebuildable tank atomizer?

So lets say I'm aiming for around 0.5ohm with 26 gauge wire, how would i know how many wraps to do?

trial and error dude.

I'd go for like 7-9 wraps of 2-2.5 mm diameter and you should be close (assuming kanthal a1 wire) but that depends on if that dia coil will physically fit.

Yeah I just need a setting off point. Anything between 0.4 and 0.5 should be fine. I'll give that a try and report back. Can you measure each wire with a multimeter or do you have to measure the entire thing when you build it?

I'm back on sub tank occ coils, my micro coil built on my rebuildable deck seems to have melted lol, plus I've run out of cotton.

0.6ohm coil seems to running good though, tried keeping up with my mates dripper last night and didn't do too bad in comparison.

post-26276-0-75388800-1439297138_thumb.j

My new setup, not a fan of building coils or drippers mainly for convenience.

iStick 30w with the new Aspire Triton top loader sub tank.

Good cloud production and the flavours bang on too. Joy with the iStick is that if I want loads of flavour I can turn it down to 20w or so and run my Kanger Sub Nano.

The other I have that I'm a fan of is my Vision 30W running a Horizon Tech Arctic tank. Again clouds are decent but the flavours strong too.

what are people using as a build atm?

some coil pics would be great,i am searching for ideas.

vaping a vertical coil at 1 ohm atm in m veritas,will get a pic up soon

Where's your pic??

And where's this cloud comp?!

Another one

20150814_175529_zpsbkhgw0pb.jpg

28awg 316 twisted with .8×.08 kanthal 2.5mm @.25 good flavour and clouds from this one ;)

Edited by *gentlydoesit

I love it when I can read something on the Internet and think "f**k. That's sad."

Thank you, Vapers, thank you.

Weird that a computer geek be stuck in the analogue era.

Put the cigarettes down and step away from the lighter (and get your head out of your ass)

vaping owns and is here to stay!

What RDA is that?

crusaders. There's a pic of it in this thread somewhere :) Edited by *gentlydoesit

Weird that a computer geek be stuck in the analogue era.

Put the cigarettes down and step away from the lighter (and get your head out of your ass)

vaping owns and is here to stay! crusaders. There's a pic of it in this thread somewhere :)

I haven't smoked for 7 weeks, not that that has anything to do with anything. Didn't use a handheld 80s disco machine as a hipster replacement either. Even that would be more acceptable than those in this thread who aren't even using vaping as a cigarette replacement.

Fair play for quitting, and if you never light up again I take my hat off to you. I'd also be inclined to agree about vapors whom never smoked, but smokers never smoked before they started, even you fell into that trap.

Mocking those who vape though.. reminds me of those who said "Internet, meh. It'll never last" or "computers in every home?!, nah". distinct lack of understandig modern times imo

Mark, with your photoshop skills you'd have thought you'd have shopped a vape in that guys hand and removed the cigarette. It kinda doesn't make any sense as it currently stands.