Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swoofty

Broken disc brake adapter

4 posts in this topic

I once swore by Magura brake adapters, but now I've broken 2 in about 2 years. They were both QM5s for 203 rotors. I've ordered the equivalent Hope adapter and maybe they're stronger. The added bummer is that I didn't catch it right away and I'd been wondering what was up with my rear brake (Oh so not a good feeling!). I guess I should be glad that even broken it held together well enough not to fail catastrophically. Braking chains has caused me far more grief. So the moral to the story is when you hear one of those 'PING!' sounds and it's not a spoke or the chain, do a serious bolt check!

IMG_20190507_150353.jpg

2 people like this

Would be cool if someone made these out of steel, but frames really need to start just doing post mount considering you can’t really get ISO calipers anymore

I recently snapped a Caliper mount after a Shimano mount bent outwards in the middle. I have got some chunkier ones on now which seem fine. Think they are old Hayes ones. Good luck with the hope 

The Hope ones do seem to be a bit stronger than the cast/forged ones, so hopefully you'll have more luck with them (Y)