Simple

jamesb

I think your riding is the best example of trials. You can literally ride on anything. That bike can do ramps, dirt, street, rocks, doesn’t matter, can ride on all of it- and do some of the filthiest lines. Love it. Makes me want to ditch the long bike and just get an all rounder. Really appreciate the videos. 

Edited by Herbertlemon102

Loved it @jamesb

Really enjoyed the shoulder dab lines. Because why not, it’s not a competition after all :) if anything you should be offered style points for it. 

You look so so comfortable on the bike. Brakes and hub sound spot on, and by that I mean, I can’t hear the brakes but can almost certainly hear the hub. Sounds great! Would you say it inspires any more confidence riding the I9 over any other set up you’ve used? Is the noise noticeable when jibbing?

What sort of rebound figures are we talking? Do you have the fork set up reasonably stiff and fast, or any extra tokens? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-07-14 at 11:44 AM, Ross McArthur said:

Loved it @jamesb

Really enjoyed the shoulder dab lines. Because why not, it’s not a competition after all :) if anything you should be offered style points for it. 

You look so so comfortable on the bike. Brakes and hub sound spot on, and by that I mean, I can’t hear the brakes but can almost certainly hear the hub. Sounds great! Would you say it inspires any more confidence riding the I9 over any other set up you’ve used? Is the noise noticeable when jibbing?

What sort of rebound figures are we talking? Do you have the fork set up reasonably stiff and fast, or any extra tokens? 

Thanks Ross. The I9 is the best hub I've ever had. Unreal engagement. A tight chain and this hub combined makes everything else feel bad! The noise isn't noticeable by me, but everyone else notices it. People ask me what's wrong with my bike. Is there a motor? I scared some guy bad because he thought I was a rattle snake coming up behind him.

In the fork, for trials I run the compression open, but max pressure and slowest rebound. The compression is open to save my wrists. 

For skateparks I close the compression for a good pump and predictable take-offs. Same pressure and rebound always closed. The pike comes with a big spacer in it already. I took it apart and realized it didn't need any more tokens.

• Like 1