Since starting to learn trials...

marg26

It's been two years since I got the Inspired Console and started learning trials. Seem to be progressing slower than some people, but there you go. For the most part I'm enjoying it and still want to continue.

Just something that struck me last night, I seem unable to just go out for a regular bike ride any more. I got my rigid MTB used for commuting back up and running last night, and decided I'd go out for a night ride just riding along at a steady pace. No of course not, turned into an all out street ride riding stair sets, rolling up & over street obstacles, riding low skinny walls, and drops, etc. Difficulty riding in a straight line too, deliberately swerve around all over the place. Probably look like a nob having a mid life crisis LOL. Just me?

Yep, same. You'll also likely never be able to drive through or visit a new place without looking down every sideroad you pass just in case there's a hidden gem there.

It's not a problem, either. It just shows you enjoy it. The problem only comes when people ask you for directions to the lirbrary and you catch yourself telling them to turn left at the double-width wall with the loose slabs on top, right at the crossroads with a bit of raised pavement next to a row of bollards and then walk straight on past the little transition-style central reservation. If they get to the white handrail with loads of chips in the paint, they've gone too far. Especially when they mumble "left, right, straight on... Oh, just up past Tesco then?".

• Like 2

I’m forever spotting lines and working out how I’d ride, film and edit them together.

I even work out lines for other people. For example, last week I saw a great line across a load of front gardens with walls, gates, a rail and a chain. Rowan doesn’t know this, but I’ve assigned that line to him.

• Like 2