Czar 24"

that NBR dude

The "prom-night dumpster baby" project build is underway. I know it looks like a s**t heap right now; it'll get blasted and painted at some point when the weather improves.

Update - Now got the brakes on and set up, along with a different seat and some replacement bolts around the place as some were gash and rusty (although fitted with the current theme). Oh and I changed the front rotor so people don't think I bought the bike from Argos

• Czar 24" frame
  • Echo Urban forks
  • Trial Tech stem
  • Jitsie Hybrid bars
  • Echo BB
  • Jitsie cranks and freehweel
  • Echo wheels
  • Schwalbe Crazy Bob tyres
  • Sram Code R front
  • Magura HS33 with RB Designs lever rear (I wonder if they still leak like they did in 2004...)
  • Alone Big Dick tripod seat and post

thumbnail_image3.thumb.jpg.857f5dedfb4fd5ff09e9986ef9369b1b.jpg

thumbnail_image6.thumb.jpg.3b1aacbb2d69aa2f1cb321fb1b3ef143.jpg

thumbnail_image2.thumb.jpg.3f6c9b5cfc1eab9f1dce80a8af4b61bc.jpg

thumbnail_image4.thumb.jpg.0b43beb437ddf0e8b9feeafcf5e3a7ef.jpg

thumbnail_image0.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Haha thats quite an optical illusion! Looks like a disc mount but pretty sure it's the spider / rivets on the rotor...

I like these frames more than I should, looks fun and good to see you on a bike again dude!

It's nuts isn't it!! I spent so long looking at the picture going "You twat, you've put the forks on backwards...." then I looked at the bike and realised I hadn't. As you say it's a really weird optical illusion!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, isitafox said:

Is this not the same as the Adamant 24 like I have just with a disc mount? 

Seeing how I'm struggling to get a pair of rim brake compatible 24" rims I wish I'd found one myself! 

I would think they're very similar if not the same. The rear disc mount definitely sold it to me, just need to swap the hub over for a disc hub so I don't have to run the magura. I bled it twice yesterday and I still cannot get the damn thing to work.  

I have no idea on the geometry, I struggled to find anything that was for this year of frame (think I narrowed it down to about 2011 ish?). I'll get the tape measure out at some point and see what it is. 

From looking at the pics, I'd say your Adamant is maybe a touch longer? 

13 hours ago, that NBR dude said:

I know it looks like a s**t heap right now...

Well, as the saying goes, a bike in the hand is worth two in the order confirmation email...

The Czar and Adamant are quite a bit different once you go deeper - they both have the Spanish BB, but the Czar's got the integrated tensioners, slightly more modern geo, some more 'refined' CNC machined bits on the frame, etc. Both were nice though, and should still be a lot of fun to ride (Y) Hope you enjoy it! 

• Like 3

On 09/02/2021 at 8:08 PM, that NBR dude said:

The "prom-night dumpster baby" project build is underway. I know it looks like a s**t heap right now; it'll get blasted and painted at some point when the weather improves.

To be fair I quite like the 'Rat Rod' thing going on there - looks a bit street rat BMX. I say roll with it