SRAM dub bb spares

manuel

So I made an error putting my cranks back on and broke the flimsy plastic bearing cup on my sram dub bb. Can’t seem to find spares anywhere. I don’t really want to have to buy a whole new bb! Anyone got any ideas? They seem to be available for 24mm axles but not 30/29/whatever dub is.

SRAM don't do replacements for them and just want you to buy a new set. There are aftermarket ones but they don't have the little locating grooves for the spacers that the SRAM ones have, so you'd need to modify or get some new spacers to go with them too. Just as an example, there's these, but I imagine once you include shipping you're not far off new BB price anyway unfortunately!

Edited by Mark W
I'm thick

Might be worth dropping by a decent bike shop and ask if they have spares or have recently changed a bb out. Dub bbs are common now and they commonly wear out as the bearings seem so small. Feels like we change them every other day at my place.

For a permanent upgrade the expensive wheels manufacturing bbs have much better larger replaceable bearings, although I guess a hope bb would be a similar more available U.K. option.