Carthy Rims

PeterH

Anyone know why Jack is back on rims with cutouts? And which ones they are? Just curious and interesting when a pro isn't on their own stuff. I'm all for progression so if hole-y rims have gotten better than the "old" rims that were better than the cut outs I'd like to know.

Looks like the #Hashtagg rims that come as standard on the Crewkerz bikes and he's probably having to run them because no one wants to make 50 trial parts when they can make 50,000 mtb parts. That what happened to Echo, they are happy filling huge MTB orders and don't do trial stuff anymore. 

On 5/9/2023 at 8:59 PM, Chakers1998 said:

Looks like the #Hashtagg rims that come as standard on the Crewkerz bikes and he's probably having to run them because no one wants to make 50 trial parts when they can make 50,000 mtb parts. That what happened to Echo, they are happy filling huge MTB orders and don't do trial stuff anymore. 

What? Echo make MTBs now? Link?

On 5/16/2023 at 3:02 PM, Chakers1998 said:

They don't make their own MTBs, but they make parts for other brands. That seemed to be the general consensus as to why they stopped production of trial bikes. 

Deng died and the market changed. 

59 minutes ago, PLIW said:

Deng died and the market changed. 

Just before that spreads, it's worth noting that the two events are so temporally removed from each other that I really don't think it's fair to link them.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2023 at 4:38 PM, aener said:

Just before that spreads, it's worth noting that the two events are so temporally removed from each other that I really don't think it's fair to link them.

Okay so a huge influencer to the world of trials that brought many items to market that allowed us to ride. 

A generation of riders that moved on, grew up, stoped riding. That market changed. Trials declined in comparison to the peak it was due to the next generation. 

Machining wise they out sourced the work. Pulo is the factory for the frame/fork building.