Inspired Skye, is this a crack?

NINJА

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't you have just taken the seat out and used a torch to see if it's a visible crack behind that weld? 

I seem to recall this era of Fourplay cracked in this area and changes got made. Although it wouldn't stop me from riding the frame for a while. 

2 hours ago, Paperclip said:

Couldn't you have just taken the seat out and used a torch to see if it's a visible crack behind that weld? 

I seem to recall this era of Fourplay cracked in this area and changes got made. Although it wouldn't stop me from riding the frame for a while. 

It might not be a through crack and is unlikely to allow light to pass through even if it is cracked all the way through. Removing the paint is the best way ahead, visual inspection and preferably LPI to confirm it is a crack in the tube.

I had an early arcade that cracked in a very similar way a few years ago, being steel it was easy enough to weld up but repairing that will be slightly trickier. Definitely sand it back and have a look, if its f**ked and you want rid of it ill buy it from you, been looking for a mk1 Skye frame for a wall decoration for a while...