Bmx Questions

BONGO

ive read a couple of pages of this topic so if i missed the answer to my question i'm sorry!

What is a good bike for a budget of £200 - £300 or am i looking at getting more....it would help if i had a job (i'm only 14 and theres no paper jobs) so any suggestions on that too lol (Y)

A Fit Replica or a DK 6 pack mate (Y) There both just over £200 from www.alansbmx.co.uk

Mat :)

Edited by Trials Boy

A Fit Replica or a DK 6 pack mate (Y) There both just over £200 from www.alansbmx.co.uk

Mat :)

Thanks a bundle :D If i don't find a job i'm sure i'll get that much for my bday...down side is its in july (N)

EDIT: Yea..i looked into wethepeople and they look quite tastey. I'll have to see how much i get for my birthday then decide unless in the mean time i manage to find a job.

Edited by TrialsLord

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

can people reccomend me a good hub, prefrebly cassette, but I could plonk an acs on a threaded hub.

requirements

1) cheap as poss (but willing to splash out if its worth it)

2) needs to use actual cogs, non of this single peice super small 9,10,11 teeth drivers please

3) needs to be as light as poss

4) 14mm axle preffered

I was thinking of an odyssey hazzard cassette or maybe even a proper magatanium thingy (sometimes on ebay for cheepish) but I aint sure if you can use bigger cogs on those.

cheers

Im getting into BMX at the mo' but dont want to splash out a awefull lot of money on a minto BMX just to find out BMX is wank :P

I am thinking about getting this cheap as chips BMX and just upgrade it bit by bit but dont know if it will be any good to learn on or just any good in general.

So could anyone recomend a decent cheapish BMX to learn on (Preferably pink :- ) That wont get destroyed if I ride it?

Im getting into BMX at the mo' but dont want to splash out a awefull lot of money on a minto BMX just to find out BMX is wank :P

I am thinking about getting this cheap as chips BMX and just upgrade it bit by bit but dont know if it will be any good to learn on or just any good in general.

So could anyone recomend a decent cheapish BMX to learn on (Preferably pink :- ) That wont get destroyed if I ride it?

That's not really very good, I recomend the mongoose fuzz, I got mine at the end of the summer and I've not killed anything on it yet, thats with 36 front and rear wheels etc. It also rides sweet as feck. (Y)

Edited by div

I'm scared of hi-ten frames/forks. They bend easily - especially if you're planning on grinding a lot (dropouts) or jumping (forks).

I'd say you're better off getting a second hand one with a full cromo (4130, reynolds or similar ) frame. A 2nd hand Bmx is nowhere near as risky as a 2nd hand trials bike cos steel bends before it breaks - unlike cheese (ally).

OllyC has a couple of bikes for sale - it may be worth contacting him although I think they're a bit more expensive than you're after.

That's npt really very good, I recomend the mongoose fuzz, I got mine at the end of the summer and I've not killed anything on it yet, thats with 36 front and rear wheels etc. It also rides sweet as feck. (Y)

Ok cheers, Ill have a look at that (Y)

I was expecting to have to wait a day or two for a reply :P

hey,

i have had a clicking noise from my crankset wheel i pedal...does anyone know ho to fix it.

btw, they are wethepeople royal cranks(sealed) so i dont think any dirt has got in.

steve.

loose pedals ?

pedals need to be supertight

I have my back break on my chain stays so obviously if i run a too lower ratio it will rub/kill on my break.

What's the smalest cog I can go down to on the front and which rear freewheel (or cassete hub if im feeling rich) will work best with it?

Edited by Jaffacakes

It depends on your frame and the brake you use. You can get lowering bolts for certain brakes, but others like the Fly brakes are already pretty low. But again though, it depends on your frame; some have lowered wishbones or stays to accomodate a brake better, and some don't, so it just depends, really...

Yeah the fly break looks pretty awesome. I wouldn't really want to go spending £60 on a break that isn't completely immense just to drop a few cog sizes.

I might just buy a 33T and see what happens :S

Anywhoo, since my standard pads have run out of meat after a few days are the odyssey 2x4/1/4 pads any good or should I just get some plazys?

I have a problem, its been pissing me off for ages.

chain gets a tight spot in it like the chain ring isnt sitting properly, so when i line itup and get the chainring central its cool, then i do my cranks up, its fine. then when i pedal the chainring moves and i get tight spot again. brought new cranks- still happened, brought a new chainring-still happened, wtf is it. yes i have one of those top hat washers aswell, its really f**king annoying

It's definitely that top-hat washer. The compress down a bit and f**k shit up in their own special way, meaning the chainring can move a little when it spins. What size crank spindle are you running? If it's 22mm I've got one here you can try out. Alternatively, work out where the tight spot is, and shim the minx with some coke can...