Benito Ros' Square Drilled Rim

joe b

I´ve got some in my magazine but i don´t have a scanner so try google :o

why on earth has he grinded his rim when he has a disc brake rofl.. looks kewl though the grind :o

corish

OOOOOOOPS replied to wrong person, meant to have replied to the one with the picture! :o

Edited by Corish

He might have run rim brake before.

Or if he kills the disc he can just put a HS33 on there and still have a decent brake.

And yes, I can see that he has a disc-only fork.

He might just have used the wheel before he went disc though :o

IMO drilling rims is a bit of a waste of time and just makes stuff lots weaker-looks horrible and doesnt actually loose much weight...at the moment there isnt one company making good drilled rims right now they all either order in cheap parts from the east and drill holes in them or use alex rims and drill holes in them and leave shards of metal hanging everywhere for the consumer to cut their fingers on eg megamo.... also they say they dont eylett them for more weight saving but there isnt any excuse for leaving a nice visible gap in the join. if someone made rims which were of good quality with well finished drillings and generally was still half decent then maybe but as i see it drilling rims not only makes the rim weaker through less surface area but it also may heat the alloy to a point where retapers itself which obviously isnt a good thing.

At the moment i think if you want to loose weight then take a shit before you go out riding.

i can see this post being very very contravertial.

At the moment i think if you want to loose weight then take a shit before you go out riding.

I do that anyway... ;)

Drilled rims look cool. That's about as useful a reply as you're gonna get from me at this moment in time :o

stress raising corners anyone? ;)

Uneducated Guess: Surely as the edges of the squares are rounded it wouldn't raise that much more stress? I mean say if you drilled holes that wide on the rim would it be much different?

Still looks pretty cack though, except the grind, that looks funky - got the same done to mine today :o"