New Chain?

Mark W

Not aaaaalways. Mine did 'cos it was a 1/8 in a 3/32 chain or something... Anyhoo, they've tested it loads according to wherever the f**k I read it in a BMX mag, and it seems to be holding up to be grindedededed on and stuff, so it can't be too bad.

Mark.

D'you mean the Odyssey one you can barspin with and not foul the cable? Or is this something else?

Either way, I'd rather spend £3 every now and again on some Clarks cables than bang down £30 for a friggin' outer...

Mark.

this is a bmx only chain though i think... but there is a bmx chain better than that... Hard dad products chain, meant to be the strongest bmx chain out :-...

but if a chain can last will jackson for a whole year and still going then it has to be super strong !!! i'm thinkin of getting one but i might also get eh shadow conspiracy

I've heard they tend to bugger up on lower gearings on a BMX, ie. 25-9 and work ok on the higher end ones,44-16. This is probs bollocks though because Ali Whitton has the tiniest chainring upfront and so has a pretty low gearing.

Edit:Just read the site info,just says they're ok to use with 10 tooth cogs and above! :-

Edited by butcha87

will it work with a cassette and middle burns?

No chance, unless you double space your cassette and space out your chainring/get the back of your bashring machined down.

FYI - 1/8" (BMX size) is wider than 3/32" (MTB size), so those will be the same problems for any 1/8" or BMX chain :rolleyes:

• 10 months later...

Ah, thanks for reminding me Mark. Whats the best (strongest) halflink you can buy, and are they worth buying. My wheel sits at the extreams. Half link would be perfect, but i hear they're weak and not woth bothering with. :) Currently running KMC cool 1/8".

Chain looks good though, seen something like it on a local BMX'ers bike.

Edited by JT!

Ah, thanks for reminding me Mark. Whats the best (strongest) halflink you can buy, and are they worth buying. My wheel sits at the extreams. Half link would be perfect, but i hear they're weak and not woth bothering with.  :)  Currently running KMC cool 1/8".

Chain looks good though, seen something like it on a local BMX'ers bike.

Maybe buy an Interlock chain, and take a link out and use it with your Kool? :lol: That way, you've got a whole chain's worth of half-link spares for when they stretch/die ^_^

Maybe buy an Interlock chain, and take a link out and use it with your Kool?  :lol:  That way, you've got a whole chain's worth of half-link spares for when they stretch/die ^_^

Seems a bit wasteful, and you make it sound like they 'die' regulary :)

these are what HALF LINKS really are every one gets confused they call quick links half links, quick links are the ones that ALWAYS snap :)

half links like these are really old and have been around for years back in the day of the surmay archer(spelling?) hubs and old single speed bikes, thinks like your dad would have had when he was a kid :lol:

Does anyone know who stocks the new chains then?

i could really do with one due to runninga ronnie on a t-pro, setting the brake is a tad frustrating , i dont want to change rim or gear ratio or use one odd half link so this seems the only sensible option really.

Alans looks like the old one and customriders dont have them at all.

Cheers Caleb