Pad Reviews

Mark W

• 2 weeks later...

When I said I would never look back from Tnn, Im affraid I am.

The pad seems too unconsistant. It has good days and bad days.

On a bad day, they are terrible. They dont seem to bite, though the hold is marginal. But still not good enough.

On a good day they feel like they perform on a parr with my old Onza Lime pads. Loud, some bite and ok hold. But the Limes had more hold, noise and bite.

In other words these pads lack agression for me. Which is a shame because I loved them at first. Just when Ive spent £40 on a rim Ive had for less than 5 months and have to keep grinding for it to work doesnt seem justifiable. These are medium/ deep grinds too.

Going to Heatsink Yellows now as I know they offer the performance I want/ need on the setup I have.

Will post once Ive ridden them long enough

ive also just orderd some heatsink yellows as my tnn lmg just are not good enough

At first i was impressed with the tnn lmg....but after around a month of use ive noticed they are also verry unconsistant.one day they are brill then the next they are shoddy..

ive re ground my rim a fair few times and skimmed the pads just too many times.

i must be truthfull

ive ran heatsink yellows before and i was not happy with them they lacked hold.....but after so many people have said good things about them my self and steve have come to the conclusion that i had a duff pair of the famous pad!

so ive decided to give the heatsink cnc yellow another shot...this time i hope they impress

I did know what pads you were speaking about,I just cannot believe that you haven´t found one review in this 40pages long topic(I know there´s plenty of reviews of them)...But,I use them(tr brake,2bolt booster ,Sl rim),and they are good,not amazing,but my bro has them too(4finger hs-33,4bolt booster,urban rim) and his brake feels like from different world,superb bite and stupidly good hold too...

Edited by ghostrider88

I did know what pads you were speaking about,I just cannot believe that you haven´t found one review in this 40pages long topic(I know there´s plenty of reviews of them)...But,I use them(tr brake,2bolt booster ,Sl rim),and they are good,not amazing,but my bro has them too(4finger hs-33,4bolt booster,urban rim) and his brake feels like from different world,superb bite and stupidly good hold too...

I know, but I'd rather ask for a recent review than create a new thread!

Pads: Heatsink CNC Yellows

Time used: 14 days of riding.

Rim used: Trialtech Sport 19"

Grind: Yes ( Medium/ Deep )

Ceraminc: No

Brake used: Magura HS33 05, 4 Finger lever, V!Z clamps, Oil bled

What is your opinion of a working brake: Instant bite, loads off hold and remains consitant in the wet and dry. Confidence inspiring

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Its actually amazing at how good these pads are. Better than my old citrus, limes, montys, Echos, and Tnn LGMs.

Review: I ordered these pads from Steve when I kept finding my LGMs were too unconsistant.

They arrived on Friday night and I got them Installed on my old grind from my previous Lgms. Set them up square and went for a little ride to wear the pads in the the angle of the rim sidewall. Once they had done so the brake became extremely good, after no more than arround 10 minutes riding. The bite is amazing, will stop you dead, with a nice loud honk, very loud. The hold is also nothing short of epic. I base my pads hold on one wall every time. Its about 3.75ft with a slight taper to the edge, which means only very good pads will hold. These held every time, even when on the edge.

They are truely brilliant.

Edited by Echo Lite 09

how do you guys clean your rims, and what do you use?

my rim still got quite a nice grind on, but the sidewalls is so durty sins I've rided natty 4 days in a row now! and I thought that it would be better to clean it instead of grinding it, when it still has a useful grind on. I,ve tryed to clean it before, with different kinds of alcohol and medicinical petrol, it got clean, but there was no grip untill I reground it! :(

Hey guys people say that its not always the pad you use its the rim so just woundered if i used a Try-All hOle rear rim with medium grind and tnn crm (yellows) it would be good? or would i be better of getting LMG's thanks. (Y)

im pretty sure the CRM compound is aimed at light grinds/smooth rims even? i use them up front as they provide decent modulation (as best youre gonna get with an hs33 at least)..but on a rear setup they tend to to get eaten up kinda quickly..OK bite, GREAT hold, but waaay too soft to use anywhere but up front IMO

to each his own i guess? i still use them up front but used them for about a year on back, as they can be had pretty cheap in the states still..i went through about 4 pairs in a little over a year..but then again im 195 lbs and prefer a harsh grind...

now ive been using caelifera tangos...you wanna talk about longevity? these things just straight up refuse to wear out..ive had a pair of tnns ive been waiting to throw on for ages, but it looks like ill be running tangos at least another few months

Hey, i found it a bit pointless to start new thread for this....

My question is what pads would you recommend for front maggie hs33 05 water bled Trialtech sport rim (smooth). Iam actually running rockpads and i cant say they are bad as i didnt even test them. i put the maggie on only yesterday and iam thinking of buying some decent pads on it. So what is your recommandation? Iam using TNN LGM on rear and i was mainly thinking about putting TNN Belaey on front...

Edited by Dušan

Hey, i found it a bit pointless to start new thread for this....

My question is what pads would you recommend for front maggie hs33 05 water bled Trialtech sport rim (smooth). Iam actually running rockpads and i cant say they are bad as i didnt even test them. i put the maggie on only yesterday and iam thinking of buying some decent pads on it. So what is your recommandation? Iam using TNN LGM on rear and i was mainly thinking about putting TNN Belaey on front...

well, I dunno if the Belays would be good on a smoth rim :huh: but don't listen to much on me, sins I've never tried them :P

though I think that Echo TR pads could do the work! :turned::)

Heatsink CNC Cousts

Medium grind

Atomz Elitis rim

Echo CNC lever blade

The rim is pretty bad at holding a grind but the pads performance is amazing! They are equal to my friends so called 'real' Cousts. The hold is perfect and the bite is perfect too!

The noise is exactly how I wanted it, at first the noise was a high pitched grunt now it's more a deeper manly noise! Overall I am very impressed with these.

Much better than HS Yellows, TNN LGMs and Koxx Reds.

well, I dunno if the Belays would be good on a smoth rim :huh: but don't listen to much on me, sins I've never tried them :P

though I think that Echo TR pads could do the work! :turned::)

Alle

If your after a good front pad go the Belaeys on a super light grind for modulation and power. But as you asked for a smooth rim the Beleays bite and lock like a crazed dog. But are totally useless in the wet. I personally like the Beleays for the consistent braking and it's not as grind dependent as the long lasting LGM's

Le.

Hi Le.

Ive decided im going to give my Tnn LGMs another go. Would a harsh grind be suitable for these pads? I'm looking for maxiumum performance as against wear life. Will a metal cutting disc allow me to go deep enough while keeping the grind sharp? Rim is a TrialTech sport.

Cheers