Coustellier

mehukatti

I have no idea but can hazard a guess at these....

competitions, having families, breaks from riding over the winter (which conradicts my first one but meh), go on their website and see if they give proper reasons there.

o, and I seem to remember reading the carbon fork was way too expensive to produce and sell (something like £500 :- ) so only the team riders will have them.

guy

brake pads were put on hold as magura didnt want to supply backings for them or something along those lines....i was a tad drunk and Dave Butler was ranting on and on :-

and the forks thing....sure theres something a while back on here i read about them....ring goldtech they were doing something with the forks sure they will tell you :-

ok heres what happening

gilles has moved to england (newcastle upon tyne) with his loving girlfriend claire and will be staying there for a good 9 months. he still rides and has gone back to france this tuesday gone to collect a bike. giacomo is in france still but has no one to ride with which is the exact same problem gilles has. they do still ride they just have tomotivate themselves because they are both dead lazy

Edited by aust

Maybe I'm not right but why Giaco and Gille have no friends to ride? There is no one to support them?

One live in France other in Eng... they live in a far village? I don't understand them. FR&Eng both are the capitals of trial (exactly France).

Call them and meet to ride! Camps must be in good form!

Edited by Vox

ok heres what happening

gilles has moved to england (newcastle upon tyne) with his loving girlfriend claire and will be staying there for a good 9 months. he still rides and has gone back to france this  tuesday gone to collect a bike. giacomo is in france still but has no one to ride with which is the exact same problem gilles has. they do still ride they just have tomotivate themselves because they are both dead lazy

are they still aiming to be the best riders in the UCI comps next year? or do they take trials less seriously from now on and let hermance, belaey, comas, etc. be the top guys?

yeah i suppose. gilles is over here with his girlfriend to support her while she gets an education over here. and gilles hasn't really got anyone to match him in this country really. no one to push him etc

Nah, his Dad said that in fairness, and from what I've heard it was a bit...misquoted, I guess you could say...

Maybe the natural's just not good enough here for him or summat. What's street like in Newcastle anyway?

Hold up - why do I even care? ;)

HOLD ON

Where does it even say that Gilles has no-one to ride with 'cos there's no-one as good as him? It just says that he's moving to a different country and has no-one to ride with. That's probably because of the whole "new to the city, new to the country" thing he'll have going on?

So?

They're still riders, it's way better riding with different styles, you see how different riders look at different obstavles and make different lines, making for muchos fun ;)

Though, obviously that may not happen as much with the Pros, but I'm sure he's not as ignorant as to not ride with people because they're not as good as him?

HOLD ON

Where does it even say that Gilles has no-one to ride with 'cos there's no-one as good as him?  It just says that he's moving to a different country and has no-one to ride with.  That's probably because of the whole "new to the city, new to the country" thing he'll have going on?

...but I'm sure he's not as ignorant as to not ride with people because they're not as good as him?

;)\

why would he want to ride with British riders... we have no technique or style according to them  ;)"

if that was their attitude what would they be doing here maybe its more like they are not made feel welcome from my experience from bikeshow etc there always seems to be a little bit resentment towards foreigh riders especially when they are dam good

If they did feel british riders had no style they can stick it because trials isn't about who is the best its about having good times in baggies instead of lycra doing street sometimes and not natural falling of something easy and wrecking yourself getting chased by security and old ladies

dam think i had too much caffine

No, I think you just need to:

a) Read the Section7 interview with the Coustellier's Dad,

and

b ) Realise that it was edited, and some of it may have been lost in translation.

The BikeShow wasn't 'cos we're xenophobic, hence the riders from around the world. Seemed to be more a company politics sorta thing. Of course, putting the worlds best riders on your billing can't hurt attendance figures, even if they don't turn up in the end...

Oh, and Raub - by ";)\" and quoting our posts, I meant it meant the same thing, and people seemed to be ignoring the fact that was contained within 'em.