I Posted This Topic, This Time Last Year :)

Joe Papasnap Maher

Hehe

This time friday, i would of set out upon my quest to drive to southend/canvey, and from there depart to a far far away land they call "CANADA"

OH yer baby, 12 days of ripping it up on some canadian rockys :lol:(snowboarding, none of that skiing poo)

So yer, i hope your all jealous :S and if you aint , then ..erm :P then uve never been a true actionpacked/fun/exciting holiday :S

so , i will actually make this a thread and ask the question. lol

Is anyone else going skiing/snowboarding, anytime soon, and where abouts are you going :P??

A VERY EXCITED JOE :">

Ski Blades are OK. :lol: But I had pair for a a few days and I found that after about 3 hours the novelty wore off. They were no good at all for 'real' skiing'! The small area of the skis means they become unstable when you start to go faster. This sucks because it limits how fast you can go safely :S

So for me. Proper ski's all the way :-

i do it every time i go dry slope ski,ing and i did for a week when i went canada, and its great fun, fiar does they arnt as fast as skis, but very fun for trying tricks and things :-

Fred whats a ripper?

Snow isnt soft eaither, most of the time its bloody hard. :lol:

Edited by Davetrials

Im going Fernie :lol:

The same as last year, tis an amazing resort with

Can been seen on

www.fernie.com

or www.skifernie.com

Its got live webcams the lot :-

tIS TRULY AN AMZING PLACE,.MAYBE NOT AS GOOD AS whistler and all that but lift passes and things are prolly alot cheaper :S

To be honest I'm not at all jealous, my dad has just bought me the following:

20" iMac G5 1.8Ghz, with 1GB ram, 160GB internal hard drive, 160GB external LaCie hard drive.

Not bad, seeing he was gonna buy me a 14" iBook with a 1.33Ghz G4 in it, and the iMac was only £300 extra!!!!!

:P

EDIT: I'll post a screenshot and photos when I get it tomorrow afternoon when I get back from college :lol: . First day back tomorrow, Woo woo!!!

Edited by MonsterJ

20" iMac G5 1.8Ghz, with 1GB ram, 160GB internal hard drive, 160GB external LaCie hard drive.

To be honest, I'm not at all jealous either :lol:

I think that'll be my final Mac-bashing post for a while, it's getting boring now...

Not bad, seeing he was gonna buy me a 14" iBook with a 1.33Ghz G4 in it, and the iMac was only £300 extra!!!!!

:S

EDIT: I'll post a screenshot and photos when I get it tomorrow afternoon when I get back from college :lol: . First day back tomorrow, Woo woo!!!

haha ... hmmm snowboarding in canada ... geekyness, snowboarding in canada ... geekyness, snowboarding in canada ... geekyness

snowboarding in canada

oli

snowboarding in canada anyday over geekyness :P not a hard call

I've been boarding in Tignes & Val D'saire (sp?) in France for three weeks. Its easier to ski but harder to get world class on skis. much easier to get round those bloody mogules :P I've only ever boarded though and thats the way i will keep it. Super fun :P

the ski v snowboard thing is funny :S esp on the lifts- damn skiers think they have right of way :@

oh i have also been to whistler but it was summer so i rode a bike down a hill not a board.

Oh and once again- snowboarding in canada wins every time. I'd MUCh rather have a few weeks in a different country, different experience, lots of partying, lots of snow than spending all my time sat in front of a new computer daddy brought me. :lol: :S :P :S

oh and Joe yes i do remember you made that post a year ago and i remember posting "have a good" time. So er have a good time!

My little brothers flying out to British Columbia for nearly 3 months of snowboarding on Thursday. I can't remember exactly where he's going now, but he's doing an instructors course which sounds really fun.

I'm currently trying to decide if I can afford to fly out there for a few weeks to visit him... I'm very, very tempted :)

Have fun!