Onza T-mag?2005

Waynio

any idea of likely spec, geo and prices???

Price and spec at the moment are undecided, but it should be something like this:

Price: £499

Forks: Onza Lite Guy

Tyres: Maxxis Creepy Crawler

Rims: Onza Hog with new Hedgehog Cut Outs

Chain: KMC Kool

Bar and stem: Onza T-Master Alloy 31.8 Combo

Brakes: 2005 Magura HS33 (rear), Magura Louise FR (front)

Geometry is yet undecided, but it will be something close to that of the T-Pro - which has a wheelbase of around 1030, depending on forks.

Aiming for February, but Id have thought it would be later than that.

Tell them to roll one out early, my freind wont shut up about it :blink:

"Is it out yet"

- No

"Whens it out"

- Feb

"Feb yet?"

- No, its december

"oh"

Go on, one wont hurt :(

The bike does look nice, and looking at the other prototype pictures, it does seem to have been heavily researched.

Can't wait to have a go when its finally released and my freind has it, finally :S

Price and spec at the moment are undecided, but it should be something like this:

Price: £499

Forks: Onza Lite Guy

Tyres: Maxxis Creepy Crawler

Rims: Onza Hog with new Hedgehog Cut Outs

Chain: KMC Kool

Bar and stem: Onza T-Master Alloy 31.8 Combo

Brakes: 2005 Magura HS33 (rear), Magura Louise FR (front)

Geometry is yet undecided, but it will be something close to that of the T-Pro - which has a wheelbase of around 1030, depending on forks.

It also has the new muscleman cranks

New Muscleman cranks? What's different about 'em?

Anyhoo, looks to be freakin' awesome for that price, to be fair. Even if the frame's weaker than a new-born, you're still getting a nice swag of parts :blink:

I quite like the industrial look of that proto frame, as it goes...

Yeah, that's a good call. So how pissy-thin is the UCI ring? I'm *sorta* tempted to go back to running just a bashring. Maybe. I dunno. I might actually buy my Tensiles off Onza, then get a 14t or 15t freewheel and run rear freewheel.

Hmmph. Who knows.

where are there pics of the 2005 t-pro? is it different to the 2004???

are onza likely to make anything a bit longer than the t-pro cos it was too short and cramped for me...

2005 T-Pro:

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/tart/tartybi...e_2005tpro1.jpg

Proto frame, longer than the T-Pro:

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/tart/tartybi...arge_proto2.jpg

so the 2005 t-pro is essentially the same frame(with minor changes) and it still comes with the shitter than shit hubs?

do you fancy flogging me that proto frame and just telling onza it went missing???

so the 2005 t-pro is essentially the same frame(with minor changes)

do you fancy flogging me that proto frame and just telling onza it went missing???

Correct. The hubs are more than adequate, please remember this is a £400 full bike!! Just keep them properly adjusted and you'll have no problems.

Hehe, no can do, sorry :blink:

Adam, in the Proto frame pictures, you've posted two different ones, which is the newer of the two?

Neither, they both arrived on the same day. The one without the 2 seat tubes is the new T-Mag, the other (Python) is a random proto frame, just to see what its like.

Ooh, more news, straight from the horse's (Mike Poyzer @ Onza in this case) mouth:

The T-Mag 2005 frames will be arriving in the UK on approx 18th Feb, so full bikes should be available around a week after that.

There will be two specs:

Spec 1. Exactly as T-Pro but front Magura Louise FR brake (disc mounts added to cromo forks, and sealed bearing alloy front Onza hub (same as on Woodstock)). Front rim will also have side drilling. Shin Dig pedals included, front freewheel cranks, Creepy Crawlers tyres etc - £499.

Spec 2. Tensile cranks, Hognesium pedals, Alloy oversize bar and stem, sealed bearing rear hub, Smart Guy fork, sealed bearing headset. Frame, fork, stem and handlebar all in high polish finish - £649

Both of them sound like a bit of a bargain, very very good spec for the money.

More info as and when it becomes available!

Cheers,

Adam