Tattoos

Duck

What does that picture on your arm mean to you? It's there until the day you die, so I'm guessing that you didn't put it there solely to 'look cool'. It must have some significance.

Why? :S

I'd rather have something that looks cool and means bollock-all, than something with some deep inbuilt meaning that looks shite... and no one knows it's meaning anyway.

Why?  :S

I'd rather have something that looks cool and means bollock-all, than something with some deep inbuilt meaning that looks shite... and no one knows it's meaning anyway.

Well perhaps you're more in for getting tattoos for the vanity side of things, is it that hard to understand that people may want something for the meaning it is to them, maybe it'll remind them of an awesome time that they had in their life, of an event, of a great friend . . . .

It's a stupid example, but like in the Simpsons where Grandpa and his other buddies from his regiment got the Hellfish tatoo :)

Well perhaps you're more in for getting tattoos for the vanity side of things, is it that hard to understand that people may want something for the meaning it is to them, maybe it'll remind them of an awesome time that they had in their life, of an event, of a great friend . . . .

I'm not into getting tattoos at all, but that aside it's just a picture on your skin, no one else is going to know the meaning, so if its going to look bad whats the point? There are better ways of showing something is important than having it drawn onto your skin. :S

*shrugs*

What does that picture on your arm mean to you? It's there until the day you die, so I'm guessing that you didn't put it there solely to 'look cool'. It must have some significance. I want a tattoo but I wouldn't know where to start so I'm very cautious about rushing into things. I feel very strongly about a lot of different stuff, but it's going to take time for me to decide if, and what I want.

How did you know when you wanted your tattoo and were you absolutely positive right after you'd finished the design? I just want to know if there's a time when you think 'That's it.'

:"> Well the origenal idea was the 'life of a plant' :"> That id drawn up in symbolised stages. Lol.. there was a bottom half to this drawing but for some reason it didnt look right together on my arm. So i got that bit.

So i guess i will always kno what it was to begin with :S I dunno. Ill be totally honest... It was my first tattoo so i just wanted a simple design to see how it felt and if i liked it etc.

The best part is drawiing it all up n changing it n stuff.

My next design is much bigger and detaild.. Its goin to be a artists hand with a paintbrush painting a picture. Coming from the side of my ribs down and across my stomach ( originally inspired by a piece by alex grey )

Because art is a big part of my life.

Sharn

Why?  :S

Nah, id prefer to have something which means alot to me, even if no-one else knows what it means, who cares? Its your skin, atleast that way it would still be personal to you in 50 years time. I certainly wouldnt scar myself for life to look cool for a couple of months..

Im not a fan of em anyway, I think the novelty value would wear off pretty quickly in terms of a lifetime whichever way you look at it.

That one on your arm looks like you were bored in a geomety lesson in school and had a compass handy.

Lol yea.. it is rather repetitive i know. I actually drew it freehand and it wasnt perfect :">

But theres a long story as to why i didnt draw the final one properly.

Basically i was booked in for my tattoo but i was riding. n it was booked for 4 oclok n i found out about it at 5 past 4 :)

So yea... tattooss... oo fun.

Meh, I don't like tattoo's but personal preference.

The only tattoo I like the idea of is "Andy" on the sole of some body's foot, like Toy Story. Even though that is apparently the most painful place to have a tattoo, not just because you walk on it, but, because your skin is so tough. :S

Meh, I don't like tattoo's but personal preference.

The only tattoo I like the idea of is "Andy" on the sole of some body's foot, like Toy Story. Even though that is apparently the most painful place to have a tattoo, not just because you walk on it, but, because your skin is so tough. :S

I woudn't fancy one on the bell-end.